Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Potential for a rather potent severe weather event

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus the rich moisture (check out theta-e obs right now) is south of that PA MCS. If it wasn't there the rich moisture would be somewhere across central NY now instead. Much easier to advect that into New England than all the way from the Mason Dixon.

It looks like tongue of better theta-e trying to nose into NYC. Maybe it can sneak into SNE?

Maybe Ekster and I should've laid down on the train tracks while out looking for the aurora last night.

Any hand holding?  I guess we'll see how it goes. Seems like nowcasting as usual. The parameters for shear still there. 

12z RAOBS look like EML in PIT and ahead of that meso low near BGM. 

Any hand holding?  I guess we'll see how it goes. Seems like nowcasting as usual. The parameters for shear still there. 

12z RAOBS look like EML in PIT and ahead of that meso low near BGM. 

Actually we did share a bit of a moment as the fireflies were going nuts over the bog.

SPC tugs the enhanced back SW into MA only. GYX is starting to raise the white flag.

Relax on canceling

@EdValleeWx: MCS will barely have a drop of rain by the time it reaches New England. Amazing.

Does that include what's currently falling in NNE?  I don't think those 30-50 dbz echoes are drying up before reaching the ground.  Of course, this action probably puts the squelch on much chance of severe for this area.

Does that include what's currently falling in NNE?  I don't think those 30-50 dbz echoes are drying up before reaching the ground.  Of course, this action probably puts the squelch on much chance of severe for this area.

We were toast from the get go as usual, The good thing is we are on the back side of the summer solstice so the days will start getting shorter here on out

Here we go folks

@NWSSPC: 7:59am CDT #SPC_MD 1133 concerning severe potential...watch possible, http://t.co/pvsiv9IXuWhttp://t.co/mgUWD37t68

I'm more confidence for the area  in that circle south of the Pike than the area north of it.  If I were Wiz, I'd be camping at BDL.

I do have a really big dead maple.  It's been dropping relatively large branches spontaneously.  Perhaps we'll get enough of a gust to take it down--hopefully across the road (look out below!) rather than on my wife's ornamental bushes.

Peek of sun again.

I'm happy to trade a foot of snow for this event. SNE is stealing my severe.

lol, I as well, I was going to use that stealing line earlier when some were saying not to cancel so soon, We will add to the qpf totals for the month as talk of drought will wane away

lol, I as well, I was going to use that stealing line earlier when some were saying not to cancel so soon, We will add to the qpf totals for the month as talk of drought will wane away

There was nothing worse than the faux-drought alarms.

Quite a few peeks of sun now, warming things up a bit.

66.2/64

The latest HRRR is quite interesting.......it brings a ray of hope for those inside 495.

After the MCS moves through, E. MA has the longest timeframe to destabalize.  And it is here that the strongest convection occurs based on the HRRR.

mesoanalysis several hours out has an area of 8 supercell composite across eastern MA which is quite impressive

Archived