Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 31 - June 2: The Death of New England's So-Called Drought

moneypitmike

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like about 4.4"...I just went to their obs history and added up the 6 hour totals:

http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KMPV.html

Yeah 4.40" I think is what I saw on the news this morning.

I hate those old weather.gov data ob history pages... I really wish those would show all METARS, including the SPECIs.  But then again it is a good summary page.  But with squally weather and thunderstorms you can miss a lot of stuff. 

I've been using the Mesowest obs pages now, but I wish NOAA would replace their links with these pages haha: http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?table=1&banner=off&sid=KMVL

I can't find any event totals from BTV yet, but I'd assume they'll put one out with a graphic at some point. They are usually really good about that...or maybe Nittany isn't working today haha.

Nittany is probably wrapped in a parka next to a space heater mumbling bad words about Vermont   :shiver:    :P

Yeah 4.40" I think is what I saw on the news this morning.

I hate those old weather.gov data ob history pages... I really wish those would show all METARS, including the SPECIs.  But then again it is a good summary page.  But with squally weather and thunderstorms you can miss a lot of stuff. 

I've been using the Mesowest obs pages now, but I wish NOAA would replace their links with these pages haha: http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?table=1&banner=off&sid=KMVL

Yeah its unfortunate the national pages still use the old obs pages, but we at least changed over locally from our current observations pages: http://www.weather.gov/btv/observations

I can't find any event totals from BTV yet, but I'd assume they'll put one out with a graphic at some point. They are usually really good about that...or maybe Nittany isn't working today haha.

Yeah wasn't in this morning. Am later this evening, and if there's time maybe I'll compile the totals, although it was really supposed to be done this morning. Plus when you miss the morning cutoff it makes it a bit harder. Place falls apart when I'm not there! Haha jk. Most of it was probably captured by the 48 hour total graphic and PNS that I put out yesterday.

Nittany is probably wrapped in a parka next to a space heater mumbling bad words about Vermont   :shiver:    :P

LOL. 40's on June 1st is just stupid. Luckily we're coming off that extraordinary May so its not as painful.

If this was October, we'd be talking about Tip's fireplace smoke in the air. Nasty day out.

Loving the cool after a week of sweating in high 80s with high 60s dews in SNJ, though the indoor temp of 58 at home called for using the woodstove.  Went thru ORH about 5:30 yesterday afternoon in +RA and wind, car thermo at 46 - it's usually quite close to readings from better instruments.  Trip home was 537 miles, which included 20 for a side trip, and only about 10 miles without the wipers running, nearly all at the start.  Between the rain, the traffic, and the 2-hr side trip, the total journey took 14 hr instead of the expected 10.

Gauge had collected 1.94" over 8 days thru last evening, another 0.31" by this AM.  Nearby locations suggest about 0.5" came in Thursday's TS, the remander from the current system.  Had +RA in NNJ-SNY, though no carp in the streets like at EWR - small pond overflowed.  Temp slid from mid 60s in SNJ to mid-upper 40s Mass and points north.  Today should have a mean of 44-45, which will be 2nd lowest of 17 (going on 18) Junes here, behind only 6/1/2004, which had 49/37.  Daily max will come in beneath that day's, though.

If this was October, we'd be talking about Tip's fireplace smoke in the air. Nasty day out.

Racked up a surplus of "top 10" type days over the past several weeks... If your really only supposed to get 10 of those sort of charmers, than at some point you gotta figure we aren't getting charmers - haha.  

But man...does it need to be this cold?  

That particular aspect was bizarre ...

Eric Fisher (@ericfisher) tweeted at 6:05 PM on Tue, Jun 02, 2015:

Incredible to think that over the 143-year period of record, there had only been 1 June day recorded in the 40s in Boston. Now 2 in a row.

(https://twitter.com/ericfisher/status/605857855606943744?s=03)

Impressive that they tied their All-Time Lowest Max for June yesterday....and then tied it again today, lol.

In the last 143 years, only 3 June days have ever failed to reach 50F. 2 of those have been yesterday & today.

It is funny how stuff can quickly change. Record warm May followed by the two coldest days in June they've ever seen.

It is funny how stuff can quickly change. Record warm May followed by the two coldest days in June they've ever seen.

Extremes are fun.  I wonder what the chances of that happening...finishing up a record hot month, then following it up with back to back all-time monthly cold records on the first and second day of the month.  Surprised the one poster who loves and hypes extreme weather isn't all over this.

Archived