Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 31 - June 2: The Death of New England's So-Called Drought

moneypitmike

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont have the numbers on this but when it comes to cold records it seems we do a much better job at low maxes than low mins. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with aspirated shields vs the old passive ones, but it's interesting to me. Someone must have those numbers somewhere...I'm too lazy to look on my phone.

I dont have the numbers on this but when it comes to cold records it seems we do a much better job at low maxes than low mins. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with aspirated shields vs the old passive ones, but it's interesting to me. Someone must have those numbers somewhere...I'm too lazy to look on my phone.

I know at least for ORH, they have tied or set 21 record low maximums since 2007....but only 2 record low minimums.

Granted, it's a bit tougher for ORH anyway since their pre-airport site radiated at night and the current site doesn't...but that is still a large discrepancy.

I know at least for ORH, they have tied or set 21 record low maximums since 2007....but only 2 record low minimums.

Granted, it's a bit tougher for ORH anyway since their pre-airport site radiated at night and the current site doesn't...but that is still a large discrepancy.

Were most of them centered in that May-July timeframe?

Granted, it's a bit tougher for ORH anyway since their pre-airport site radiated at night and the current site doesn't...but that is still a large discrepancy.

Wow that is a large discrepancy.

I'd be curious up here as I feel like we set more record mins over the past few years, especially the recent cold winters and our local radiating sites.

Here was the breakdown by month:

Jan: 1

Feb: 1

Mar: 2

Apr: 1

May: 3

Jun: 1

Jul: 1

Aug: 1

Sep: 0

Oct: 3

Nov: 6

Dec: 1

November FTW.

Interesting. May, I can see with these cold marine airmasses, but November sticks out. Even October has 3, but you can get those fluky cold cutoffs. Almost like the boundary months are more prone to those record low maxes.

CON since 2007...

Record low maxes / Record low mins

J: 1 / 2

F: 0 / 1 (a cheap leap day record)

M: 2 / 2

A: 0 / 2

M: 3 / 1

J: 1 / 1

J: 2 / 1

A: 0 / 0

S: 1 / 0

O: 2 / 0

N: 1 / 3

D: 1 / 0

Tot: 14 / 13

I must be dreaming things again. Maybe I tune out with some of CON's min records considering I'm meh at radiating. Some of those really cold nights they trounce me (1/16/09 -24F vs -17F).

ORH at 47F after a high of 48F earlier. If that holds up, it would be the 2nd coldest June maximum temp on record. June 2, 1946 had a high of 47F. Only one other June day had a high below 50F and that was June 13, 1982 with a high of 49F....pretty amazing how late that one occured.

Well you and a few others pretty much had this nailed since last week, both rain and temperatures.

Well done.

Oh I meant that high pressure to the north always means business..lol. No back-patting or anything.

But sometimes, you can't forecast with emotions like some do.  :whistle:

Archived