• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 31 - June 2: The Death of New England's So-Called Drought

moneypitmike

I would love a summer like this, meaning some warm days and then cool drenching rains from time to time. I could care less about hit or miss tstms. At least setups like these are more widespread.

they are fun to track too...but I will pass on the June 09 feel of yesterday and today.  

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar shows it snowing on top of Katahdin this morning up in Northern Maine

It's actually really close there on soundings. If there arent flakes there now, there could be later on as it cools just a bit more....here's the sounding on the NAM for 15z for MLT...Mt. Katahdin would be up near 850mb on that:

150602141104.gif

It's actually really close there on soundings. If there arent flakes there now, there could be later on as it cools just a bit more....here's the sounding on the NAM for 15z for MLT...Mt. Katahdin would be up near 850mb on that:

150602141104.gif

I was checking it out earlier this am around 12z, But i think its quite possible they will see more, I checked the forecast for up there and it was calling for it today

RECREATION FORECAST FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN MAINENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CARIBOU ME808 AM EDT TUE JUN 2 2015MEZ004-030215-KATAHDIN-808 AM EDT TUE JUN 2 2015...TOP OF MOUNT KATAHDIN (5268`)....TODAY...SUMMIT OBSCURED. SNOW. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. SOUTHEASTWINDS 20 TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT..TONIGHT...SUMMIT OBSCURED. SNOW WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS INTHE EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS INTHE LOWER 30S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH SHIFTING TO THE NORTH15 TO 20 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 80 PERCENT.WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 19..WEDNESDAY...SUMMIT IN AND OUT OF CLOUDS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S.NORTH WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUES AROUND 20 IN THEMORNING.

Anyone know what the greatest negative daily departure for June is at the major SNE climo sites?

ORH and BOS both were at -15 yesterday

I think the June record for ORH is June 13, 1982...they had a departure of -18 that day. They put up a 49/44 that day...the latest sub-50F high on record there.

I would love a summer like this, meaning some warm days and then cool drenching rains from time to time. I could care less about hit or miss tstms. At least setups like these are more widespread.

Oh c'mon, no one can like this nasty cold misery weather.  There's a reason people in the northwest drink so much coffee....because when the weather is so depressing like this its the only way to stay upbeat.  Also the same reason the depressing genre of grunge music originated in Seattle...

I'll agree we needed the rain, but let's put this system to bed and move on to farmers tans and sipping sweet tea. 

Oh c'mon, no one can like this nasty cold misery weather.  There's a reason people in the northwest drink so much coffee....because when the weather is so depressing like this its the only way to stay upbeat.  Also the same reason the depressing genre of grunge music originated in Seattle...

I'll agree we needed the rain, but let's put this system to bed and move on to farmers tans and sipping sweet tea. 

We've had a great warm season so far....it's been a lot of warm and dry days. I'd take a few days of 48F and rain if we got 20 days of warm and dry in between the rainstorms.

We've had a great warm season so far....it's been a lot of warm and dry days. I'd take a few days of 48F and rain if we got 20 days of warm and dry in between the rainstorms.

That wouldn't be horrible, but I'd much rather see boomers every few days and get our drink that way, versus march-like rains. At least its mildly exciting.  No? 

That wouldn't be horrible, but I'd much rather see boomers every few days and get our drink that way, versus march-like rains. At least its mildly exciting.  No? 

I don't find our convective setups very exciting most of the time. But if it were possible, then sure.

That wouldn't be horrible, but I'd much rather see boomers every few days and get our drink that way, versus march-like rains. At least its mildly exciting. No?

I agree with Will. FL style afternoons would be fun, but hit or miss storms aren't how I want to depend on getting rain. The pattern going forward seems like it could offer a chance or two of widespread rains as well. I'm not saying record low maxes, but perhaps more warm frontal rains.

We had some awesome days in June '98 of these setups of convective warm frontal rains. That caused some big flooding.

Oh c'mon, no one can like this nasty cold misery weather. There's a reason people in the northwest drink so much coffee....because when the weather is so depressing like this its the only way to stay upbeat. Also the same reason the depressing genre of grunge music originated in Seattle...

Your local spot ORH had its driest May and 3rd hottest May on record. That's as good as it's gonna get for nice weather, so a few rainy days are a small price to pay.

I don't find our convective setups very exciting most of the time. But if it were possible, then sure.

So because most of the time they aren't terribly exciting, you'd rather all day rainy Saturdays in July? I'd take my chances on getting a pop of thunder and a quick downpour.  If my lawn is dry and crusty, so be it.  

So because most of the time they aren't terribly exciting, you'd rather all day rainy Saturdays in July? I'd take my chances on getting a pop of thunder and a quick downpour.  If my lawn is dry and crusty, so be it.  

Yep, to each his own.

I'll trade a couple days of steady rain for 20 days of dry weather any day. You wouldn't...so again, to each his own.

Archived