Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

Hopefully, it's not

just south of the area and CNJ/SNJ gets jackpotted.

I'm not opposed to those course of events. An area wide event would be nice, but when conditions become dire, it's survival of the fittest. ;) Maybe I'd send some water through UPS, if you caught me in a good mood.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not opposed to those course of events. An area wide event would be nice, but when conditions become dire, it's survival of the fittest. ;) Maybe I'd send some water through UPS, if you caught me in a good mood.

Anything... but please not another repeat of 2/6/10 for a long time to come. ;)

My gf said it pourd in north wantagh. I doubt it rained a drop south of sunrise. And you actually beat Manhattan today!!!! We had 6 drops

One isolated cell passed just to my north on a SE trajectory and probably clipped her area.

The 0z Euro was an improvement for the rainfall fans as the trailing overruning low

moved further north into Monday into Tuesday. The Euro drops 2.4" in the NYC

rain guage which has been collecting dust for too long. The last 2+ event at

NYC was all the way back on December 9th, 2014.

The 0z Euro was an improvement for the rainfall fans as the trailing overruning low

moved further north into Monday into Tuesday. The Euro drops 2.4" in the NYC

rain guage which has been collecting dust for too long.

What was the timing for the entire period (sun-tues)? Upton mentioned in their disco last night that the front slowing down some before reaching our area wouldnt be a surprise.

What was the timing for the entire period (sun-tues)? Upton mentioned in their disco last night that the front slowing down some before reaching our area wouldnt be a surprise.

Lead convection with the front on Sunday followed by overunning with a wave developing on stalled front Monday into Tuesday.

with sunday's front slowing down no. 2 is locked in

If someone told me last December that we would have the third coldest February on record followed by

a May so close to the top I probably wouldn't have believed them. It was impressive how the developing

El Nino pattern helped pump the ridge over the area since the beginning of April.

The models are really keying in on the heaviest rains falling on Monday with the wave. Someone could easily pick up over an inch with that by itself, and why some models are showing 2-3"+. Like anything else, it will come down to the exact location and some areas may end up with only a half inch with 3"+ 50 miles away.

Archived