12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Model discussion for May

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather get them in early. Then when true heat comes you are ready. I certainly hope none is putting them in front windows. They go in side or back where no one sees them

I think you worry too much about the neighbors in your Stepford wife life.But they might chatter at the wine tasting about the Woods ACs, the horror of that family putting ACs in the windows. Eventually the gossip will get to you and you will be forced to put in central air to avoid the embarrassing chatter.

Rather get them in early. Then when true heat comes you are ready. I certainly hope none is putting them in front windows. They go in side or back where no one sees them

Lol. You live in the hills. You probably wont need it except a few days in July and August.

I've never had an AC in my whole life...in Natick or here....open a window and blast fans.  Sure you might have to sleep disrobed with no sheets some nights, but we don't live in South Florida...

I know it's subjective, but I am a sicko and love cold rooms at night. Even when I was a kid. That's just me. I'll sleep in the winter when it's 55 in the room.

Little did I know one innocent comment about putting in my AC would create such a board uproar. Lord have Mercy.

Keeping everyone's post count increasing, nice job DIT.

I had an old house in SEPA without central air, I normally wouldn't put them in until late May, then it was full blast until mid Sept.

I know it's subjective, but I am a sicko and love cold rooms at night. Even when I was a kid. That's just me. I'll sleep in the winter when it's 55 in the room.

Same here...bedroom window cracked in the winter sometime.

I have AC but only use it a couple times per summer...for those few nights when lows are near 70F. It doesn't happen often, but usually like that final night of a heatwave where it's 79/72 at 10pm ahead of an approaching front...I'll turn it on.

Rest of the time, having the three sliding doors open keeps airflow high and the early evening decoupling leads to lots of great sleeping weather.

When I was a kid, I would have a box fan in the window during mid winter (SEPA)...not kidding.  that's really sick. Room temp in prob 30s.  I even have a picture of the front of my parents house with like 6-8 inches on the ground and you can see the fan in the window in the background. I might even have it still, I will need to look and will upload if I can find it.  ha

Interesting tele spread.  The PNA is about half way to correlation collapse due to seasonal re-ordering of R-waves around the hemisphere... 

Meanwhile, the EPO and NP want to through a blocking curve ball and chances for cold loading into NW Canada ... kind of like a muted version of winter.  

The NAO on the other hand is progged to about face and really go positive in earnest and strength in about 3 to 4 days from now. It seems the operational runs must be at least in partial agreement because we see a generalized latitudinal retreat of the mean band of polar westerlies over eastern N/A.  Of all the tele sectors that more directly affect mid latitude N/A, this one has the stronger more robust signal.

The result is seasonal bulge of warmer heights...and to some degree toting of thickness values sufficient to off-set/correct seasonally cool anomalous temperature departures upward.  How much depends on the typical nuanced daily run-ins with BDs, clouds, ...frontal timings and/or failures and success ...etc, none of which can be deduced very accurately via the general tenor of a mid to extended range canvas.  But with a ridge tending to strengthen over the SE U.S. in time, one also heavily supported by an NAO that correlates pretty squarely toward the production of some sort of Bermuda ridge expression, my feeling is that fronts will tend to weaken in the means as they attempt to cross the cordillera and/or enter NE from the N.. This sort of pattern in June would oscillated between warm and humid and hot, where the hot side is ironically failed CAA, but successful negative moisture advection as cool fronts convert into veritable dry-lines.  We'll see...

All in all... we sans this weird band of clouds currently retarding and busting today's MOS pretty drastically...and every day gets warmer, and we are likely to see one helluva whiplashed explosive green up response... I bet by a week from Saturday trees go from our current state of barely cracked buds and sugar maple flowers to half leaf out! It'll be interesting albeit tedious and exceptionally nerdy to follow that progress.. 

Any idea what the earliest named storm is?

A few years back we had one in April. And then you have 2005-06 where we went into the Greek Alphabet we actually had one in January. So if you want to call that the earliest in history or the latest in history, that's up to you. Tropical Storm Zeta was named on December 29th and dissipated on January 6th.

Archived