joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model discussion for May

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually ... if we can get a mixing depth to 850 mb level, +11C would get the 1000 mb adiabat to 25 C, which could easily make the 2-m temp 87 F...

But since 11 is about tops, that means the other option is only lower...  Too many days/too much time of/for plausible permutations to change that.  

Is BDL still running a couple degrees warm too?

MADIS says yes. BDL had 81...HFD/BAF 79 and CEF 78. 18C is more typical of a high end deltaT in mid April too. But since BOX says it's official I guess we have to play by the BDL rules. If everything goes right I guess they could theoretically pull a 90F with 13C at H85. I don't doubt BDL with anything anymore wrt warmth.

MADIS says yes. BDL had 81...HFD/BAF 79 and CEF 78. 18C is more typical of a high end deltaT in mid April too. But since BOX says it's official I guess we have to play by the BDL rules. If everything goes right I guess they could theoretically pull a 90F with 13C at H85. I don't doubt BDL with anything anymore wrt warmth.

Obviously we're a few days out..but I think 87 "could" be conservative as I'd bet we see numbers come up as we get closer. Dry ground and no foliage will aid and abet

We'll just have to caveat every single post this summer with "except BDL"

who doesn't want it to get warm, since when is stating a different interpretation negativity? Isn't this a discussion board or is it a Kevin cheerleading board. Looks like climo to me and many Mets weeks 3 and 4

:lol:...yeah a different opinion somehow became a negative post if you don't go along with the cheerleading of HHH (yay!).

The transitional seasons on the forum are harder for some than others though. Some spend all spring trying to ram summer in here, and then spend all autumn trying to turn everything into deep winter.

We'll just have to caveat every single post this summer with "except BDL"

Should probably focus on ORH and the hill sites where real people live.

Joking aside, I'm surprised no one at BOX has a problem with the BDL temps. This isn't like BTV which has seen some differences affecting it's overnight mins relative to past history...the BDL readings are just wrong.

Should probably focus on ORH and the hill sites where real people live.

Joking aside, I'm surprised no one at BOX has a problem with the BDL temps. This isn't like BTV which has seen some differences affecting it's overnight mins relative to past history...the BDL readings are just wrong.

We like warm. Throw another orange pixel on NASA's worldwide temp map.

Going to b a fun month. Almost to promised land

Dave Epstein ‏@growingwisdom  55m

Dave Epstein retweeted NWS Caribou

Temperatures reach the 70's next week and that's just the beginning of a forecast for a warmer month ahead.

Dave Epstein added,

CDv1MR-VEAARja6.png
NWS Caribou @NWSCaribou

Archived