• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Model discussion for May

Ginx snewx

Any idea what the earliest named storm is?

A few years back we had one in April. And then you have 2005-06 where we went into the Greek Alphabet we actually had one in January. So if you want to call that the earliest in history or the latest in history, that's up to you. Tropical Storm Zeta was named on December 29th and dissipated on January 6th.

Zeta is always officially considered the final storm of 2005, since TCs are categorized by formation date. It's especially hard to call such an anomalous storm part of 2006, knowing the disgrace that season would become...

The earliest named storm is Ana '03, which was classified subtropical at 6z on April 20. There are plenty of 35+ kt Atlantic storms that formed earlier, but existed before the naming era or weren't identified operationally.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not buying summer starting, but looks like a pretty mild week. The front is more of a fropa with maybe seabreezes near the coast instead of NE flow..at least for now. With ridging out west over the Rockies..seems more like dry NW flow though later in the period, unless we can get a WF and wave of low pressure riding nearby.

Nothing but warmth and AN as far out as the models can see..Especially away from the water. What a stretch we are going into.

That said..i wish we could get some rain.  Sprinklers in May?

I haven't even put the Lesco down because I was late raking and little rain. I refuse to water in May. If it doesn't rain..eff the lawn. 

Looks very nice the next few weeks....what my mind conjures May to be.

Yes, my favorite day in May is when I look out on the forest and suddenly everything is green and bloomed. Down here at work is way ahead of my home, dogwoods are flowered, much greener, at home its struggling to leave winter behind.

study up on that

I had a well in my first house, way better than the town water I have now.   You just get a soft water tank and a filter for the iron in the water and its fine.  I never lost water due to little rain and always had great pressure.

Archived