Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Model discussion for May

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when a certain NE CT poster was talking about an endless cycle of weather misery with a closed low, onshore flow, and days and days of clouds? Turned out OK around here. 

We've actually done pretty well-last Thur/Fri was nasty, but other than that, it's been sunny and somewhat cool.

It's almost severe wx season. Step one is getting warmer temps and a warmer pattern to establish which is in the beginning process. The next step is building towards drawing in stronger moisture and higher dews. That will be coming soon too

i'm so excited to get the 'ol wizzy back!!!

It's almost severe wx season. Step one is getting warmer temps and a warmer pattern to establish which is in the beginning process. The next step is building towards drawing in stronger moisture and higher dews. That will be coming soon too

My locale I'll be rooting on a tropical train of moisture with embedded lightning or some elevated covection. Hopefully we can get a nice light show or two.

For the reading and comprehension challenged..Noyes has 70+ from Sunday thru day 10 next week.

Thanks for letting all of us who are reading and comprehension challenged know what Noyes is thinking for the next 10 days. I've never been able to figure out the 7-10 day graphics that he uses during his forecasts.

You guys realize..we are on the cusp of entering summer. Some years May doesn't want to get warm..however this year..we have dodged most of the misery save for last week..and the worst month of the year is over after today. Looks like an early summer this year... Gonna put the A/C in tomorrow

And please run the AC on the coldest setting....your electric supply company is in dire need of your money.

You guys realize..we are on the cusp of entering summer. Some years May doesn't want to get warm..however this year..we have dodged most of the misery save for last week..and the worst month of the year is over after today. Looks like an early summer this year... Gonna put the A/C in tomorrow

I did that during an early May heatwave one year only to pull them out a few days later when it stayed coolish till mid June.

I don't see that warm a pattern tbh. Above normal many days but pretty solid multiple backdoor signal could have you wishing you lived in DC.

Usually they go in for April..Why not get them in now so they are ready when you need them? Better yet..Wait till it's 90/70 and you're sweating like a horse to put them in ..I bet that's what you usually do.

They are an eyesore. Why block windows that you can use to get some fresh air? 

I did that during an early May heatwave one year only to pull them out a few days later when it stayed coolish till mid June.

I don't see that warm a pattern tbh. Above normal many days but pretty solid multiple backdoor signal could have you wishing you lived in DC.

I made the mistake of shutting off the pilots and turning off the propane in 13 only to have the cold Memorial day weekend drop the house temps to the 50s. I usually wait for the first predicted sustained high temp high dew period for AC, this COC period upcoming is windows open fresh air listen to the birds and wildlife stuff. Dew the dew

I made the mistake of shutting off the pilots and turning off the propane in 13 only to have the cold Memorial day weekend drop the house temps to the 50s. I usually wait for the first predicted sustained high temp high dew period for AC, this COC period upcoming is windows open fresh air listen to the birds and wildlife stuff. Dew the dew

Prelude to a low dew blue bird summer.

Yeah I don't see any need for a/c in the foreseeable future. This kind of weather is beautiful! 

Archived