• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/25-26 rain event obs/discussion. Will our pack survive?

Professional Lurker

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah if it's 700 verts you are averaging (15,000 total) then easily can do 21 in 3 hours.

21 runs here would net you 40-45,000 verts which would be pretty much impossible in 3 hours ;)

break time,soft sweetness today much slower. So far this week 122,000 vert 120 miles of skiing top speed. 52.3

Starting off as snow at Whiteface:

http://www.whiteface.com/mountain/webcams

Sweet I'm planning I'm heading up there this weekend for a one day attack. I have always wanted to ride that mountain!!

And wow at the Boston area being so warm today. We cant crack the low 40s with fog and thunderstorms on Long Island. The cold water means business this spring. It's going to be a nasty one out on the cape and islands

Yeah if it's 700 verts you are averaging (15,000 total) then easily can do 21 in 3 hours.

21 runs here would net you 40-45,000 verts which would be pretty much impossible in 3 hours ;)

Man, I've done SR when it's empty and maybe got 27-30 runs in skiing from open to close. I've never heard of 20 in 3 hours unless it was a short run.

You can maybe do the North Peak Express chair there which climbs from halfway up North Peak to the top and is a fast lift...you can probably do a round trip in about 7-9 minutes, so that could be like 6-7 per hour. But you'r only getting like 600 vertical on that trip.

If you did stuff over near Jordan Bowl/Oz/Barker, then it would be impossible.

Man, I've done SR when it's empty and maybe got 27-30 runs in skiing from open to close. I've never heard of 20 in 3 hours unless it was a short run.

You can maybe do the North Peak Express chair there which climbs from halfway up North Peak to the top and is a fast lift...you can probably do a round trip in about 7-9 minutes, so that could be like 6-7 per hour. But you'r only getting like 600 vertical on that trip.

If you did stuff over near Jordan Bowl/Oz/Barker, then it would be impossible.

We did lots of North Peak today, average round trip 8.35 minutes. North Peak chair is screaming fast, there was literally maybe 5 people there. We skied 7 runs alone at Jordan. Top to bottom no stopping, just between NP and Jordan that's 13 runs, did 2 at tempest, 5 at Barker. All before noon.

PF this is a small part of the tree top shear I told you about. Very cool path from Sunday, lots of debris under the chair. Talked to the liftie they had to clean up Monday.

0326151120.jpg

Nice brittle fir, maybe with wet snow stuck to the needles.

As for my earlier post about 20 runs, lifts are a lot faster than back in the stone age when I last rode a chair.

Hopefully you can get some cold air up in there, and one of those storms off the coast, get it captured smack dab on The Benchmark with serious late March dynamics and STALLED OUT for 12 days with one hell of a SICK deform band, and get some snow back in BOS and in Weymouth.

There's two places I LOVE up north: Weymouth, MA and Jay Peak, VT :)

Make that three, Brookline, MA as well :) :)

There's a certain place in northeast Connecticut that's dear to my heart :)

Hopefully you can get some cold air up in there, and one of those storms off the coast, get it captured smack dab on The Benchmark with serious late March dynamics and STALLED OUT for 12 days with one hell of a SICK deform band, and get some snow back in BOS and in Weymouth.

There's two places I LOVE up north: Weymouth, MA and Jay Peak, VT :)

Make that three, Brookline, MA as well :) :)

There's a certain place in northeast Connecticut that's dear to my heart :)

There's a certainly place between Woodbridge and Dale City, Virginia in the shape of a mammoth :weenie:

Archived