joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today marks 3 consecutive months of full snowcover in my area.  On Jan 3rd we had a sloppy mixed event that dropped a couple inches... it had been quite cold for several days before and that morning was the first that the pond ice was safe.  Took this that morning in Petersham:

post-992-0-30914100-1428086101_thumb.jpg

We know what happened from there.  As of this morning I had 6-15" remaining, but it will be pretty slim pickins before maybe we add an inch or two on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday.

Today marks 3 consecutive months of full snowcover in my area.  On Jan 3rd we had a sloppy mixed event that dropped a couple inches... it had been quite cold for several days before and that morning was the first that the pond ice was safe.  Took this that morning in Petersham:

attachicon.gifIMG_2015010339626.jpg

We know what happened from there.  As of this morning I had 6-15" remaining, but it will be pretty slim pickins before maybe we add an inch or two on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday.

nice, pic of your snowcover?

Finally got a couple patches to open up in my yard.  That's the beginning of the end.  Those openings spread like cancer.  People out running, biking, kids playing bball, epic spring skiing, this is what this time of year is all about.

48F at 4,000ft

55F at 2,600ft

62F at 1,500ft

64F at 750ft

BTV is 67/22 with 18% RH...red flag type stuff.

NNE torch in the sun... 60s for highs at MPV/MVL/BML/HIE/1V4.  BTV may even sneak 70F and scattered mesonets around VT and the Whites tickling the upper 60s as well.  Some spot called Norwegian Village, NH is 69F with 15% RH...that sounds like a downslope drying/warming...but also probably just a faulty sensor as the ASOS in that area is 62F.

Red flag type torch with windy, warm, sunny, and very dry low levels.

Archived