joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sucks that due to idiots in the last few years 2 awesome S NH things are now gone

The Pumpkin Festival and the Atlas Fireworks show

Hopefully they don't come down here and ruin the Turners Falls Pumpkin Festival which us a huge event and great for town that doesn't have too much in the way of resources.

Hopefully they don't come down here and ruin the Turners Falls Pumpkin Festival which us a huge event and great for town that doesn't have too much in the way of resources.

I don't think Turner's needs to be concerned.  There's no campus to attract them.  Though, they may storm the fish ladder.

44.4/36

Driving to work this morning it looked like we're getting down to just snow in protected areas of yards.  The woods still look pretty solid.  I averaged 1" on the ground at my house but that ran from 7" down to bare ground.  I think it'll be a trace tomorrow which will put me right at 90 days for continuous 1"+ coverage.

Small flock of geese heading north here in Augusta.  Hope they don't fly too far. 

Mildest morning here since the rainy Jan 19, might be the mildest day since October - would need to top 56, my max in Novie.  Should still have about 15" at the stake Sunday morning (assuming no additions.)

woods still will have it and Scooters hood and parents definitely

I think you'll be surprised how fast this stuff goes. It's ripe..the pack temp is above 32 now. I lost quite a bit even overnight..Once these dews get up into the 50's with wind and rain later today and tonight..this will be 96 esque in areas that still have some. Might be a few patches and drifted areas left sure

I think you'll be surprised how fast this stuff goes. It's ripe..the pack temp is above 32 now. I lost quite a bit even overnight..Once these dews get up into the 50's with wind and rain later today and tonight..this will be 96 esque in areas that still have some. Might be a few patches and drifted areas left sure

they had 4 times the snow you had though otg

In '96 not every place lost all their snow.  Also, that melt down came on the heels of all the snow falling so it didn't have much time to settle, refreeze, build water content, etc.  There will be patches of natural snow cover left and probably for several weeks.  The woods are still packed and my side yard even with some bare spots showing around bushes is solid.

In '96 not every place lost all their snow. Also, that melt down came on the heels of all the snow falling so it didn't have much time to settle, refreeze, build water content, etc. There will be patches of natural snow cover left and probably for several weeks. The woods are still packed and my side yard even with some bare spots showing around bushes is solid.

Its 9:00 am ahead of the torch. Wait till things warm up later today and tonight. You'll hear that sucking sound of the snow evaporating

Its 9:00 am ahead of the torch. Wait till things warm up later today and tonight. You'll hear that sucking sound of the snow evaporating

You'll see.  We've gotten rid of the "fat" and now we have the meat of the snow left and just from my years experience and observations I know that patches of snow will be left.  Otherwise, you can call me out on the call.

BTW, it's still in the 40s here so I wouldn't call that ahead of schedule!

Archived