• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

Soccer field opened up last night with just a few patches on the field now. When I left I had about 70& still covered in my yard. Very variable obviously in terms of depth. 

Yeah I hate trying to quantifying cover this time of year because of that.  One person could put up a 0" depth and another could find a 12" depth.  Just depends where the observer is and what the very local environment is. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is precisely why you either want snow/cold in April or 80's and high dews.. This kind of wet, cold wx is just awful. Ground is way too muddy to even walk on to pick up branches

Maybe where you live.  My lawn is ready to go for lawn cleanup.  Just a little wet in some spots where drainage is not optimal.

Branch disaster too.

I spent a few hours 2 weeks ago after that HWW event walking on top of the glacier picking up what I could, but there's still a good amount of disaster out there. You figure with the snow and cold and wet all of next week , that sets things even farther back. Maybe around the 3rd week of the month is when most folks can finally get out there. But even that is iffy

I spent a few hours 2 weeks ago after that HWW event walking on top of the glacier picking up what I could, but there's still a good amount of disaster out there. You figure with the snow and cold and wet all of next week , that sets things even farther back. Maybe around the 3rd week of the month is when most folks can finally get out there. But even that is iffy

As it melts all these branches are appearing..lol. I guess squirrels snap off branches for whatever reason because I have tons of  small branches from this Spruce tree in my back yard. 

Things fall in the different layers of snow and as it melts, it gets concentrated.  There's a lot of stuff on top of mine.  It's funny that woods generally doesn't look like that, save for some branches.

Obviously we all have our druthers ... and they vary per season...  For me, I like these 60 F days in April.  One, because they appear to be in commodity around here.  But also, light wind and sun means fantastic NAPRIL. Granted, there's no sun today ... but this is 100X better than 40 with mist. 

I don't like 80s with high DPs at any time of year.  Too much... Although, it's a catch-22 there, because it's obviously more difficult to get crispy TCU's, otherwise. I do cloud/storm filming as a hobby, and so naturally ... need CAPE environments for that.    And also, fearing the hypocritical sounding position on matters... I do think heat wave synoptics are fascinating, as others have poked fun at in the past.  But the R wave rollout after a few days of capped Sonoran heat ... pulls that air mass out -- it's what led to such gems as 1995 Chicago ...and of course 2012 and so forth.  But if just comes down to hangin' around in 90/70 torridity... meh, you can have that. 

Archived