• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

Because that would help him not be cold when he posted before about swimming in cold water and air temp of 70 etc

Well by that logic, if you have the BMI of an Ethiopian runner, I'm not sure why you would open pools so early. Sounds like you can only handle getting wet without hypothermia in July and August.

That whole thing is a myth anyway. Overweight peeps get cold too, and skinny people can get hot.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well by that logic, if you have the BMI of an Ethiopian runner, I'm not sure why you would open pools so early. Sounds like you can only handle getting wet without hypothermia in July and August.

That whole thing is a myth anyway. Overweight peeps get cold too, and skinny people can get hot.

the thing about common sense is its not that common

Of course..i sweat like a hog ..In fact I bet I perspire more than most folks..You should see me when i run..even in dead of winter.

By the same token..since I've gotten myself into shape the last couple of years and shed extra lbs..I get cold quite easily..I never used to..so there is most definitely truth that weight /excess lbs/fat etc.. keeps you warm

the thing about common sense is its not that common

Or more succinctly, "Common sense isn't."

When we lived in Ft. Kent, a friend living near the Frenchville line had a 24x4 above ground pool, fun in July but it basically had a 2-month season, mid June to mid August.  Pushing the early season was commonplace, especially as one was already used to cold.  However, a couple nights around August 20 with lows in the upper 30s and the pool season was done.

Of course..i sweat like a hog ..In fact I bet I perspire more than most folks..You should see me when i run..even in dead of winter.

By the same token..since I've gotten myself into shape the last couple of years and shed extra lbs..I get cold quite easily..I never used to..so there is most definitely truth that weight /excess lbs/fat etc.. keeps you warm

I've always been prone to sweating, even in high school when I was a 6'3" 160lb string bean. Although I'm quite a bit heavier now I find myself get cold more easily in the winter...which I find odd haha.

Still struggling to even get a good greenup. My neighborhood (perhaps because of slightly higher elevation and warmer nights?) seems to be a few days ahead of other areas nearby for whatever reason, but still meh signs of leaf out except for Norwegian maples. They are starting with some showing small leaves amid those green buds. Oaks are still quiet , but I did notice some buds swelling. However, driving on rt 3 which is more rural and prone to radiate, it looks more like April 2 than May 2.

Still struggling to even get a good greenup. My neighborhood (perhaps because of slightly higher elevation and warmer nights?) seems to be a few dad ahead of other areas nearby for whatever reason, but still meh signs of leaf out except for Norwegian maples. They are starting with some showing small leaves amid those green buds. Oaks are still quiet , but I did notice some buds swelling. However, driving on rt 3 which is more rural and prone to radiate, it looks more like April 2 than May 2.

The no rain pattern has really hurt lawns

48 hours until they pull the plug on classic wunderground.

Been looking at the same source for weather information for 17 years.

I'm not going to be able to handle this change.

lol...the new design isn't even useable on my old pc. Even with my expensive work laptop wtih i7 core it is slower than sh*t. There's so many complaints from the classic users too.

For those who want a free WU membership for a year...they're offering a code here...

http://classic.wunderground.com/blog/admin/comment.html?entrynum=5

I guess it's their attempt to appease the anger.

95 is the route of all evil. Just avoid it down there.

On the way home we went west towards Hartford, then cut down to 95/GW. Honestly on the trip there we must have seen 5-6 accidents, one person went off the highways and the car burst into flames right before JEwitt city exit. Grass was green up there but very little bloom out, definitely a month behind us.

Still struggling to even get a good greenup. My neighborhood (perhaps because of slightly higher elevation and warmer nights?) seems to be a few days ahead of other areas nearby for whatever reason, but still meh signs of leaf out except for Norwegian maples. They are starting with some showing small leaves amid those green buds. Oaks are still quiet , but I did notice some buds swelling. However, driving on rt 3 which is more rural and prone to radiate, it looks more like April 2 than May 2.

My buddy and I were discussing that leaving work last night lol. May 1st and outside of some bushes and the grass you'd think it was march

On the way home we went west towards Hartford, then cut down to 95/GW. Honestly on the trip there we must have seen 5-6 accidents, one person went off the highways and the car burst into flames right before JEwitt city exit. Grass was green up there but very little bloom out, definitely a month behind us.

on 395 that was a garbage truck

Boston is noticeably ahead of Andover

Had a wake to go to in jewit city Ct, the drive in sw ct on 95 by bdr,Stanford, Fairfield is by far the worse commute known to man. It blows away northeast Nj.

You should've used 287 over the Tappan Zee to the Merritt Parkway. It's a bit longer around, but it avoids 95 and the GWB. 95 in Fairfield County is the worst.

Archived