• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

Like winter..summer is short enough as it is..So if you had a pool..why wouldn't you have them come and open it,, and get the water temps up so it's ready to use in a week or 2? If you've got kids..they will swim.. If i had a pool..I would want to maximize my investment and use it. Much more likely to use it early in the season than late like September when kids go back to school and fall sports start (end of August)and it's getting dark early

But aren't kids in school and doing spring sports right now?

You have some odd reasoning.... you didn't want chill because you didn't want to pay for heat, but you seem more than ready to pay for AC and pay out the backside to try and heat a pool at 1,000ft at the end of April/early May. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have some odd reasoning.... you didn't want chill because you didn't want to pay for heat, but you seem more than ready to pay for AC and pay out the backside to try and heat a pool at 1,000ft at the end of April/early May. 

I honestly feel bad for him. I think he's completely caught in a weenie web of spin he cannot get out of. :(

Yeah they are, but coming into warm wx season they are ready for warmth and sun fun and swimming. Just like they can't wait for snow to sled early in winter , but the novelty wears off by Feb. same idea. Plus you've been Sunning and funning all summer and tired of it.. Decreasing daylight and school all playing a role

Yeah they are, but coming into warm wx season they are ready for warmth and sun fun and swimming. Just like they can't wait for snow to sled early in winter , but the novelty wears off by Feb. same idea. Plus you've been Sunning and funning all summer and tired of it.. Decreasing daylight and school all playing a role

So basically it is purely a psychological argument you make...the stuff about paying for heat was just to make it sound better.  

That's fine, just admit it's all a head thing and not actually about saving money.

So basically it is purely a psychological argument you make...the stuff about paying for heat was just to make it sound better.

That's fine, just admit it's all a head thing and not actually about saving money.

Nope. When did this board turn into psych 101? Am i running my AC? No. Am I running heat? Yes. It's wasting money .

Not that anyone asked ... I enjoy summer in summer, and winter in winter. 

I am less amused by the transition seasons, because they are often marked by protracted refusal to get the job done and move on. Autumns, on the other hand, are a nice off-set by the action of the tropics.  .. But "October all-over" as the folklore is remarkably correct ... does often mean even then a solid 40 days of other hobbies ... lest one wait pie-eyed for quite some time. 

But more specifically, March is tolerable because it's either early warmth, or a last chance big snow... so you're kind of winning either way. 

April should not exist.  God needs to be informed that he seriously f-up big time when the continuity of the space-time continuum means that April has to take place...  

May is fine most of the time, but even it gets nicked ... in some rare case a real butt-sore romp of wrongness.  

I agree with Kevin about putting A/C's in early btw,  why wait until it's miserably hot?  Mine goes in around mothers day at the latest.

Why not just wait until it looks like a prolonged stretch is setting in? Maybe it's me, but if you don't have central air...just seems like it's wasting up perfectly nice space to open up the windows and enjoy Spring. One day of 87 isn't going to cause me to wish I had A/C, and this is from someone who likes it cool.

Nope. When did this board turn into psych 101? Am i running my AC? No. Am I running heat? Yes. It's wasting money .

Lol...probably when you imposed your strange penchant for rushing in seasons and then rooting for the most extreme version of it on the rest of the forum. Then when asked about it, the reasoning didn't make sense.

It's fine, you root for extreme weather. I love blizzards in winter and have always loved a good severe t-storm (even though we very rarely get a true severe storm here) But extreme heat and extreme cold in each respective season is probably the path to spend the most money on the weather....quite opposite from trying to save money.

I agree with Kevin about putting A/C's in early btw, why wait until it's miserably hot? Mine goes in around mothers day at the latest.

I can't believe the amount of people that got upset and bothered my me posting about and then putting in my AC. I mean should we wait until the grass is 8 inches tall before we tune up the tractor or start it to make sure it's in good working condition? Should we wait until a foot of snow has fallen in the first snowstorm before getting out the snowblower and getting it ready? Why put the plows on the truck? Better wait till there's already 5 inches on the roads to plow mount

Who runs heat when it's in the 50s? I didn't use it much at all until mid to late December last year. You live in New England, you suck it up and realize "real cold" isn't until the pipes might burst or your car won't start.

I can't believe the amount of people that got upset and bothered my me posting about and then putting in my AC. I mean should we wait until the grass is 8 inches tall before we tune up the tractor or start it to make sure it's in good working condition? Should we wait until a foot of snow has fallen in the first snowstorm before getting out the snowblower and getting it ready? Why put the plows on the truck? Better wait till there's already 5 inches on the roads to plow mount

something that takes 20 minutes to install is really bothering you? Open a window put in unit, close window, rocket science and extremely hard work. Being weather savy it's easy to predict when we need them , no need with a COC pattern though.I wouldn't put my plow on in Oct.

Don't try your car AC to make sure it still is cooling until it gets hot out. Just leave it off. When it's 90 and you discover it doesn't work.. Just drive with the windows down for cooling

My AC in the car is on pretty much the whole year.. mileage ftl...

I just want the air permanently dry when it is in contact with me.

At 850 and above it can be moist..

we use AC only when absolutely necessary.

stale air and achy muscles, I would rather sweat with open windows and fans.

Agree...you however live in an area where you don't have to use it much.   Not going to sit through 92/70 here without it on.   85/60 is a different story-windows open!

something that takes 20 minutes to install is really bothering you? Open a window put in unit, close window, rocket science and extremely hard work. Being weather savy it's easy to predict when we need them , no need with a COC pattern though.I wouldn't put my plow on in Oct.

I keep my units in the basement, so it is kinda a pain to haul them up to the bedrooms. The biggest unit goes in our family room and it is a beast. So it takes a bit more than 20 minutes...but no big deal.

I need to switch out my front storm door this weekend for sure

I feel like we had this pool discussion last year around this time lol.

Still a bit early I think.

We will probably open ours 2 weekends from now. Then swimming another week after that?

We swim pretty early around here compared to other people in the area. The cold water doesn't bother me or my friends really. I'll probably be swimming before the most this out

at some point we have to wonder if the sun will shine after 10am ever again.

LOL, I was just thinking this same thing....its super solar glare in the morning on the way to work....and then by 10 its cloudy and grey and cold....self destructive sun for over a week! Good thing we're looking at the light at the end of the tunnel. 

I feel like we had this pool discussion last year around this time lol.

Still a bit early I think.

We will probably open ours 2 weekends from now. Then swimming another week after that?

We swim pretty early around here compared to other people in the area. The cold water doesn't bother me or my friends really. I'll probably be swimming before the most this out

This isn't meant to be offensive , but aren't you around 300 lbs.?

Archived