joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha, i was watching some tourists act like idiots, not a clue they were on a web cam...the idiots were lost, the woman was just standing in the middle of that road, talking to her boyfriend on the sidewalk...then she gets her phone out and it's pouring and she can't see the screen, so she asks some random stranger if she can borrow their shirt, and proceeds to wipe her phone off on their shirt...

watch that cam between 11pm-2am and you'll see some some entertaining public drunkenness.  it's right in front of the sloppy joes bar.

Meh, one day where it's 58 vs 70. I'll take my past winter, thank you. Codfishsnowman can boast all he wants now.

lol, you'll always have January 21 through February 21, 2015 to fall back on.

Been mid-50s up here today with a mix of sun and clouds, but certainly not like a banner day. 

Still skiing?

I haven't been able to much, new 8-week old puppy. I've done this several times but each time forget how much work they are to start. Haha. Can't even imagine a human infant.

We were up playing on the snow today in the base area though, as the mountain is holding snow quite well. It really hasn't change in the past 10 days since closing haha.

I haven't been able to much, new 8-week old puppy. I've done this several times but each time forget how much work they are to start. Haha. Can't even imagine a human infant.

We were up playing on the snow today in the base area though, as the mountain is holding snow quite well. It really hasn't change in the past 10 days since closing haha.

Coverage is still great top-to-bottom on the vast majority of trails....the snowmaking snow is going to last forever.

11188490_10102204959116120_7306328863499

Some friends were playing on the Road Cuts and snowbanks created from the plowing of the work roads on the mountain.  Some of these roads cross through 5-10 foot snowmaking snowpacks, and the resulting snowbanks are like 20 feet high.

They make for fun piles to play on, and those piles often last into June.  In 2011 I found remnant piles from the road cuts on July 4th.

11196353_10153272317220987_7781479363694

11169948_10153273420915987_6659484325778

Archived