Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

no 40 degree ocean nearby like here,  Marine layer kills most threats

Well we still get elevated stuff where it doesn't matter if an ice cube is below us. But continental flow and the combination of strong dynamics (think westerlies and disturbances in that flow) cause these awesome derecho like storms.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we still get elevated stuff where it doesn't matter if an ice cube is below us. But continental flow and the combination of strong dynamics (think westerlies and disturbances in that flow) cause these awesome derecho like storms.

can you post any radar or cloud shots?  Would love to see it

Feb 5 2001.

Forecasted 6-9 inches. Got 22.5 in 11 hours.

Great storm that was....that one would have codfishsnowman giddier than a 1990s schoolgirl at a backstreet boys concert. SE MA got the big shaft in that one too. BOS had a lot of rain in that but they flipped to snow in the CCB deprating and got a quick 6". A potent precip shiled that whole system had.

I can understand the far southern and western portions of Connecticut being Yankees fans, but these northern and eastern folks is an embarrassment.

wut? my town in RI was always 50/50 split. Game 7 Walk offs are by far more dramatic, debilitating  than anything else, just looking at Pedro's face  in that hoodie makes me smiile

wut? my town in RI was always 50/50 split. Game 7 Walk offs are by far more dramatic, debilitating  than anything else, just looking at Pedro's face  in that hoodie makes me smiile

As a fan back then after the 2003 loss, it was most delicious in game 7 in 2004 to see the stadium filled with Yankees fans that looked like they got whacked over the head with a 2 by 4 after the Red Sox had blown the game open just a few innings in. Just thousands of sullen faces that slowly exited the building through the next several innings.

By the time the 9th inning came around, it was Fenway South. I never heard so many cheers for Sox players in that stadium with each play they made.

Great rivalry back then...now, not so much.

The Sox will be back in first on Monday. The Stankees age and starting pitching will catch up with them .

Their age? They are younger than the Sox aside from Arod and Beltran.

Yanks SP is  superior. The wildcard is can Tanaka come back healthy. Bullpen is best in baseball..Will is going to disagree and say they(sox) will regress more to middle of the pack because the Sox pitchers are ground ball pitchers.and bullpens aren't important...but that's just  his view. And then he'll say there's a sports forum for this kind of talk.  

Today turning out decent for many with sun/cloud mix and temps around 60. Hell of a way to run a backdoor

Let's let this magical season play out

Oh we are enjoying the magic....Tanaka disabled again. CC (cakes and cookies) has been awful... The worse DP combo in all of baseball ...Didi and Drew....one plays like his name should be Gigi the other hits like his name should be Nancy ......34 million in combined salary for 2 OF's who have combined to hit 2 HR's between them......yup that's magic alright!!

Archived