joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's only on exposed areas. It was beautiful here today.

I think he's still a little bitter you smoked him two winters in a row on the coast. He's starting to get a complex. Not quite as bad as his ORH inferior complex but you can see the beginning of it.

I think he's still a little bitter you smoked him two winters in a row on the coast. He's starting to get a complex. Not quite as bad as his ORH inferior complex but you can see the beginning of it.

If the coast gets smoked again next season at the expense of the deep interior, a lot of us will develop a complex, lol.

J/k...we already have a solid QPF complex in the winter haha.

If the coast gets smoked again next season at the expense of the deep interior, a lot of us will develop a complex, lol.

J/k...we already have a solid QPF complex in the winter haha.

Imagine flowers blooming in January, while a gleeful worker for the renowned Stowe resort was posting picture after picture of heavy snow.

Imagine flowers blooming in January, while a gleeful worker for the renowned Stowe resort was posting picture after picture of heavy snow.

:lol:

The funny thing about 2011-2012 is although we at least had a winter, it was still the lowest snow total in at least 18 years for the resort.

It does seem that good seasons can come in bunches...so you may not be done yet. If we end up with a weakish Niño and the tendency for a -EPO, you guys will likely be in the best spot again relative to normal.

The funny thing is that the Whiteminsters of the world who still had a great winter, will be back to brutally beating me in their tool shed, like 3 teenage girls in a Cleveland basement.

Although it was a great year relative to normal for Whinemister, that might have driven me more crazy to be so close to epicosity. At least up here we didn't have a shot in a bunch of those larger events...haha. Didn't have to wake up to find a CCB pummeling someone just 20-30 miles away.

Today was COC times thousand...well until like 3:0 then some clouds came and wind and it got cooler.  But I've been doing outside work and I FOOKING LOVE IT!!!!  Holy crap I can't wait until I get my own house.  My new job I started is alot of outside work but I also just started doing work for a friends dad and did some today.  I don't know what it's called but I used this little machine that digs up dead grass and and did that and raked it all up.  Then we sat in the hot tub and had some VO and ginger ale.  

But nothing better than having a few beers, doing yard work, finishing, admiring your work, kicking back in the hot tub, then coming home, having a glass of wine, throwing on some Hannah Montana reruns and then breaking out a bottle of petroleum jelly.  I feel like a real man right now.   

:lol:

The funny thing about 2011-2012 is although we at least had a winter, it was still the lowest snow total in at least 18 years for the resort.

It does seem that good seasons can come in bunches...so you may not be done yet. If we end up with a weakish Niño and the tendency for a -EPO, you guys will likely be in the best spot again relative to normal.

You guys are sort of up for blockbuster too.

Weak Nino's do usually favor eastern areas, but there's a chance it could be a bit stronger and if we have a stronger STJ because of it...might get some good interior storms as well.

One thing is for sure. You aren't gonna see me brag or boast from getting lucky in a good pattern. I'm staying humble because sometimes you never know what the next season is like.

I live in Natick with my wife, but I still say I live in ORH , and use my mom's snowfall reports in my sig

So much bitterness. Maybe you should take next winter off if it bothers you so much that I spend time in both places and you get absolutely smoked by Scooter in snowfall.

Take a page out of Ginxy's book and just enjoy the weather you get. Not start being bitter about what others get or if they spend the blizzard in ORH or of they live on the coast and get a ton of snow.

Although it was a great year relative to normal for Whinemister, that might have driven me more crazy to be so close to epicosity. At least up here we didn't have a shot in a bunch of those larger events...haha. Didn't have to wake up to find a CCB pummeling someone just 20-30 miles away.

Oh I know. I was only saying that because i know some may have felt that way. Whiteminster joked about my snow average, but confirmation bias doesn't trump climo. He'll see soon enough.

Not exactly a severe setup in the Northeast...It's still early though.

attachicon.gif610analog.off.gif

Can't really use a product like that for severe weather, though... 

A frontal translation like Tuesday late afternoon could surprise, and using as product like that would do little to elucidate any potential that sneaks in...  Point being, using a the largest granular product there is, a height anomaly product, cannot really do a sub-synoptic scaled set up any notice - certainly any scenario that is both transient and heavily guided by permutation and nuance such as timing, pwat gradients/pooling, ...all inherent to small scales.  

But we'll see... Not saying that Tuesday is a good day, per se, but there is a substantial heating and some meager moisture in the area, with some forcing.  

In fact, I'd almost offer that more structured looks are bad for NE at this time of year, because we can't really have a solid SW flow off the LI sound that sweeps tainted air through the area.  You need a sneaking 'under the radar' (no pun intended) scenario.  Kind of like the June event from a couple/few years ago. 

Can't really use a product like that for severe weather, though... 

A frontal translation like Tuesday late afternoon could surprise, and using as product like that would do little to elucidate any potential that sneaks in...  Point being, using a the largest granular product there is, a height anomaly product, cannot really do a sub-synoptic scaled set up any notice - certainly any scenario that is both transient and heavily guided by permutation and nuance such as timing, pwat gradients/pooling, ...all inherent to small scales.  

But we'll see... Not saying that Tuesday is a good day, per se, but there is a substantial heating and some meager moisture in the area, with some forcing.  

In fact, I'd almost offer that more structured looks are bad for NE at this time of year, because we can't really have a solid SW flow off the LI sound that sweeps tainted air through the area.  You need a sneaking 'under the radar' (no pun intended) scenario.  Kind of like the June event from a couple/few years ago. 

Depending on how you look at it, of course Tuesday has some potential, but if you believe the GFS, Wednesday through Saturday is dull. Model verbatim, little to no instability through the period, weak wind shear, ridging aloft, sub-50F dews (except Saturday) and little forcing. The ECMWF isn't much better, although offers some help by Saturday for a setup marginally supportive of isolated severe, perhaps.

The medium range continues to waffle, so we'll see what happens. Perhaps it's later this upcoming week and next weekend where severe heats up across the central U.S. Beyond that, maybe it migrates east...

Archived