wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic bee talk today.... As an electrician I have developed an incredible hatred for Yellowjackets. I have learned the hard way many times over that they love to make nests in any outdoor electrical enclosure.... Outdoor plugs, lights mounted on the side of buildings, light poles, anything like that. I can honestly say that more than half of the boxes I open outside have Yellowjackets that come flying out. It's the best when you're on a ladder and find them.

Anyway, pretty much melted while working in an attic today. Definite first sign of summer for me.

He was right, ahead of schedule...

:lmao:  ...yar, right -

I'm surprised, actually. I would have thunk quite a bit later than that. But then again ... we aren't talking average highs, we're talking average time for first - so yeah I guess. 

talk about a lesson in slammin' up against the adiabat today...  45 lows all now 85 since noon!  Been bopping around 84 ... 86 ever since.  Typically the high is 3, 4...5 pm, but it seems we over-achieved the warm up so well this morning that the partial thickness be like, whoa whoa whao - nice shootin', Tex!

If there is anytime of year for ORH to really warm nicely, it's before greenup.

Yeah same for a lot of the MesoNet stations that are in more wooded areas. With full foliage a day of like 82/36 right now turns into 76/48 or something like that.

I notice it a lot especially up here on the PWS that are located in like elevated forests where in July it's almost impossible to go over 80F...but with no foliage and stick season they can have their warmest readings of the season in like late April or May.

Fantastic bee talk today.... As an electrician I have developed an incredible hatred for Yellowjackets. I have learned the hard way many times over that they love to make nests in any outdoor electrical enclosure.... Outdoor plugs, lights mounted on the side of buildings, light poles, anything like that. I can honestly say that more than half of the boxes I open outside have Yellowjackets that come flying out. It's the best when you're on a ladder and find them.

Anyway, pretty much melted while working in an attic today. Definite first sign of summer for me.

I hate hornets. They're everywhere you mentioned. Raid FTW.

Archived