joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs for the Cweat Cape Cod Cruiser anafrontal event 3-5-15

Ginx snewx

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick out of state Ob-in KY south of Louisville..damn impressive. Going to drop 2ft.

0910 AM HEAVY SNOW RADCLIFF 37.82N 85.94W

03/05/2015 M21.5 INCH HARDIN KY PUBLIC

Another random ob...RDU is 64 degrees...but they have a WWA in effect for sleet/ice this eve. I don't know why, but I'm always fascinated when WWA or WSW are in effect with really warm temps ahead of a storm.

Quick out of state Ob-in KY south of Louisville..damn impressive. Going to drop 2ft.

0910 AM     HEAVY SNOW       RADCLIFF                37.82N 85.94W

03/05/2015  M21.5 INCH       HARDIN             KY   PUBLIC

wow, record?

Another random ob...RDU is 64 degrees...but they have a WWA in effect for sleet/ice this eve. I don't know why, but I'm always fascinated when WWA or WSW are in effect with really warm temps ahead of a storm.

Their criteria is also much lower. I don't know the exact number, but I would guess 2 or 3 inches is warning criteria down there and advisory level is an inch.

Their criteria is also much lower. I don't know the exact number, but I would guess 2 or 3 inches is warning criteria down there and advisory level is an inch.

Oh I know...the forecast is for up to 0.5" of sleet and 0.1-0.2" freezing rain...I just always like the thought of being able to be outside and comfortable In short sleeves with winter weather on the way.

Anyway...snow growth has really dropped off here in the past 30 minutes.

Archived