joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs for the Cweat Cape Cod Cruiser anafrontal event 3-5-15

Ginx snewx

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm already at WWA snows but still no WWA from upton. nice win in my book.

I bet the northern half of your forecast zone does not have 3 inches or OKX is not confident of a majority of it reaching 3 inches. It's easy to verify those coastal zones because they only go about 5 maybe 7 miles inland, so the advisory was a relatively easy call there because they cover so little area.

NWS bust in SE MA

I was surprised they were so low there...it looked pretty solid south of about a GHG-PVD-MMK line...I know they were worried about ptype early on, but that was only through about 09z...there was good signal for some heavier banding this morning.

Their thoughts to the north though echoed mine...ignore the QPF on the robust models and hedge drier with the synoptic setup we had.

I bet the northern half of your forecast zone does not have 3 inches or OKX is not confident of a majority of it reaching 3 inches. It's easy to verify those coastal zones because they only go about 5 maybe 7 miles inland, so the advisory was a relatively easy call there because they cover so little area.

Yea, Stratford to my south is under one so it really doesn't make a difference. It's just being on the edge again for what feels like every system this winter.

Lol. I live too close to you to make any gains on South Coast specials. You always seem to be just far enough south to get in on the action on these types of systems.

You've done extremely well the last couple weeks.  This is just nuts at this point.  The atmosphere just want to snow,  I'm just enough in and to save myself from some of the marine taint.  That makes a difference.  You should come to one of the close by GTGs we have.  Butterfish/ TauntonBlizz and I converse all the time.  Meet up at the Stoneforge in Raynham.

I was surprised they were so low there...it looked pretty solid south of about a GHG-PVD-MMK line...I know they were worried about ptype early on, but that was only through about 09z...there was good signal for some heavier banding this morning.

Their thoughts to the north though echoed mine...ignore the QPF on the robust models and hedge drier with the synoptic setup we had.

You know what you're doing. No one here doubts that. good call.

I stopped looking at models last night.  You see this snowing thru the afternoon S of say PVD/GHG?

I stopped looking at models last night.  You see this snowing thru the afternoon S of say PVD/GHG?

South coast should hold the snow for much of the day, but that drier air will be working slowly south, so it will probabyl begin to shut off on the northern periphery of the current heavy stuff over the next hour or two.

You've done extremely well the last couple weeks. This is just nuts at this point. The atmosphere just want to snow, I'm just enough in and to save myself from some of the marine taint. That makes a difference. You should come to one of the close by GTGs we have. Butterfish/ TauntonBlizz and I converse all the time. Meet up at the Stoneforge in Raynham.

Sounds fun. Ive been to that Stoneforge a few times.

Yea, Stratford to my south is under one so it really doesn't make a difference. It's just being on the edge again for what feels like every system this winter.

Tell me about it! Can't complain about 45 inches of snow counting today's 3 inches so far, but we had more snow last year. Hopefully we can make it to the half century mark for the season at some point, because we got there last year by mid-Feb I believe.

The pike area which was basically the cutoff was always a tough spot. I don't think there were any surprises and pretty much went as expected. The south coast always looked good. The soundings were all jacked up this way, which is usually a flag when models are giving .4" QPF. The event on 1/21/14 had some similarities too. I didn't see many people bullish in BOS which was good. I am surprised some weren't too thrilled with the south coast which looked pretty good to me.

Tell me about it! Can't complain about 45 inches of snow counting today's 3 inches so far, but we had more snow last year. Hopefully we can make it to the half century mark for the season at some point, because we got there last year by mid-Feb I believe.

Last winter we got bullseyed a couple times on nice swfe events. This year it's been all fringe. The fact we are above normal to snow though just illustrates how amazing this stretch since late Jan has been for folks to our NE.

Archived