joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs for the Cweat Cape Cod Cruiser anafrontal event 3-5-15

Ginx snewx

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The magical 100 was passed on first measure at 0545. Second hundy of my life, couldn't do a shot but since work was cancelled added a little amaretto to the coffee. Couldn't ask for a more beautiful snow to break the barrier.

You've had a great run. I am probably about 1-2" feet behind if I had to guess.

lol yea,more like I worked hard cleaning that hundy. Finally had parts of the roof ice free yesterday afternoon. The pack took a 3 inch hit yesterday but looks pretty sweet right now.

I have a net gain over these past two events for sure, including melting.

Local radar says RGEM and gfs did an abysmal job. RGEM has been less than stellar the past few events. Maybe she's not the queen we thought she was?

Light snow now and half decent flakes if not rates.

These setups aren't easy for the models. NW winds at 850 are a sign that virga and dry air will be an issue. You need very strong frontogenesis aloft to offset that. We are seeing that, but the whole thing is being squashed SE too. Usually when you the sharp cutoff...figure shifting that south by 20 or more miles.

These setups aren't easy for the models. NW winds at 850 are a sign that virga and dry air will be an issue. You need very strong frontogenesis aloft to offset that. We are seeing that, but the whole thing is being squashed SE too. Usually when you the sharp cutoff...figure shifting that south by 20 or more miles.

This may be a rare big nam win.

Local radar says RGEM and gfs did an abysmal job. RGEM has been less than stellar the past few events. Maybe she's not the queen we thought she was?

Light snow now and half decent flakes if not rates.

Probably context-dependent.

RGEM seemed to do great with systems with origin out of Canada and other north stream scenarios.

vs. it's handling of this southern stream frontal system was not even close. 

And we'll see how Euro does... 0z last night had about 2" in Boston today.

NAM may have actually done better than both.

Archived