Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
RIP Scott S...AKA messenger AKA cweat AKA Clinch Leatherwood

HoarfrostHubb

Just posted on Facebook

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Scott-Simard&lc=6869&pid=174329967&mid=6351230#.VPm3UFj3EcM.facebook

Services for Scott Simard will be this Sunday at 1230 with receiving from 1 to 4 pm at Nickerson-Bourne Funeral Home on MacArthur Dr in Bourne. Then a gathering at the Pilot House in Sandwich at 5pm.

bump

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, I hadn't looked into the NE forum in a long time and then saw this thread....terrible, terrible news

I remember him posting back in the ne.weather days going back to 96' or 97', but I had no idea until now that Messenger/Sweat were Scott Simard!

in fact, thinking back to those days at ne.weather now and then, I wondered where some of those great posters were, including Scott

my prayers go out to the Simard family and friends....may he rest in peace in the arms of the Lord

I remember Scott Simard at "ne.weather" going back at least to 2000. I recall him as being one of the most active posters there and a high quality as well as quite passionate poster to boot. I didn't know he had been posting here. May Scott rest in peace.

I remember Scott Simard at "ne.weather" going back at least to 2000. I recall him as being one of the most active posters there and a high quality as well as quite passionate poster to boot. I didn't know he had been posting here. May Scott rest in peace.

yes

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/ne.weather/scott$20simard/ne.weather/PQafMTnGZbA/EqxcVoOe6GEJ

And we had many a good weather debate with Scott over on MIRC #weather chat room together. Todd Gross and several others started that in July of '95 as an outgrowth of ne.weather. Scott may not have come on the chat until a few years after that. I'm trying try recall his chat nickname, but he may have had several. ;) Even back then you knew that he was going to be on top of every little aspect of minutia in the latest model runs.

wow, I hadn't looked into the NE forum in a long time and then saw this thread....terrible, terrible news

I remember him posting back in the ne.weather days going back to 96' or 97', but I had no idea until now that Messenger/Sweat were Scott Simard!

in fact, thinking back to those days at ne.weather now and then, I wondered where some of those great posters were, including Scott

my prayers go out to the Simard family and friends....may he rest in peace in the arms of the Lord

And we had many a good weather debate with Scott over on MIRC #weather chat room together. Todd Gross and several others started that in July of '95 as an outgrowth of ne.weather. Scott may not have come on the chat until a few years after that. I'm trying try recall his chat nickname, but he may have had several. ;) Even back then you knew that he was going to be on top of every little aspect of minutia in the latest model runs.

Scottne was his screen name.

Awful, terrible news. I'm not from the region, but go way back to the WWBB days. Remember reading Scott's posts from then through here at AMEX. A true weather hobbyist legend. He will be sorely missed by many in this community. Condolences to his friends and family.   

This is public information, so thought I could share the link on here:

http://nickerson-bourne-bourne.tributes.com/dignitymemorial/obituary/Scott-David-Simard-102250941

An interesting excerpt:

"Scott's many hobbies included boating, fishing, skiing, attending concerts with his family and being an avid fan of all New England sports teams. Known for possessing a brilliant mind, he was knowledgeable of a wide variety of topics and was often sought by friends and family alike for his opinions and assistance. In his 43 short years, Scott befriended a great many people and will be sorely missed by all. "

I think they missed a hobby...

So I see Ryan and Scott at the Northeastern Storm Conference in NY (where I am now), and they tell me that messenger died.  I had to think, and yes, I do recall some of his posts in Eastern under messenger as well as Cweat here.  While I haven't been here much over the last year or so, I had to come.  Scott was a great forecaster, whether a hobbyist or otherwise.  I recall some of his passionate posts, and did wonder about some of his forecasts, until they worked out.  Very talented.

Very, very sad to hear about Scott's sudden passing, but it's been very nice reading (with tears in my eyes) all the wonderful tributes here and on his virtual guest book.  Fair winds and calm seas, Scott. Hope you're reeling in the big one.

--Turtle  

Today is the official day to say farewell to Scott...how tragic...a wonderful life taken far too soon...I will miss his passion...

Goodbye Scott.  

Does anyone know how he died?  

I'd like to know too.  

So many things I want to say but I don't know how to say them.  I feel like I've known so many here for so long.  Like was said earlier in this thread, there is a sense of family, of shared experience here that's hard to quantify but I know that I feel a hole in the fabric and it's unsettling.  There is comfort in knowing that so many of us are feeling similarly as evidenced by old members showing up in this thread that we haven't heard from in a while.  Thank you all for being "here." 

Goodbye Scott.  

So many things I want to say but I don't know how to say them.  I feel like I've known so many here for so long.  Like was said earlier in this thread, there is a sense of family, of shared experience here that's hard to quantify but I know that I feel a hole in the fabric and it's unsettling.  There is comfort in knowing that so many of us are feeling similarly as evidenced by old members showing up in this thread that we haven't heard from in a while.  Thank you all for being "here."

For someone who didn't know what to say, you sure said a lot.

A rip in the fabric indeed.

March 09, 2015

Yesterday to see the response to my son's wake from all of you brought our family much solace in this terrible time. I want to thank you all for sharing our sorrow, it was so gratifying to know our son/brother/husband/dad created so much happiness in this world.

Scott cared about you, the birds, the fish and the little frogs he used to catch 35 years ago in our backyard. His intelligence and compassion will never be matched because he was one in a million, literally.

From me his dad to my wife Patty to his brother PJ to Heather, Brooke and Taylor we thank you all and just ask you think of Scott once in awhile with a smile, we will....

— peter simard, easton, Mass

Archived