joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5 Snow Thread-Model Discussion ONLY

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason the nam doesn't have euro/ukmet/gfs/rgem totals is because it's a warm nose outlier. If it's right we all still do well. If it's wrong we do better and also have a valuable piece of intel to put in the pocket for the next similar setup

Great trend on the NAM and GFS tonight in terms of being wetter (and more snow).  As you said, even if the NAM outlier warm layer is correct, we still do well.  So...looks like a general 5-8" (or so?) on the 00Z NAM and 6-10" on the 00Z GFS.  And the RGEM looked similar.  I may or may not stay up for the Euro, but I can only hope it comes in the same as this (which would be the same as what it had at 12Z and 00Z last night).  Nice to see this consensus snap into place favorably.

To be fair... The GFS was pretty solid until 6z... it is just back to where it was last night. Let's see if the Euro holds with it totals from 12z

That's a good point.  For an unusual storm, the models picked up on it pretty far in advance.  I remember discussing how it was showing up on multiple models, including the GFS, last Friday.  The GFS and 4k NAM went a little crazy today, but other than that there has been remarkable consistency among the models.  Even the central / northern MD jackpot zone showing up on tonight's runs was predicted well in advance.

relax. You crapped on this winter more than anyone. I even requested that you take a few days break from the board

you are officially a fool

dude, go back to the first thread I started in early FEB where I boldly called for a pattern change and was VERY bullish on snow, VERY bullish

anyone can read what I said before any real chances of snow were on the radar

you are officially a fool

dude, go back to the first thread I started in early FEB where I boldly called for a pattern change and was VERY bullish on snow, VERY bullish

anyone can read what I said before any real chances of snow were on the radar

Mitch, you were the lone voice of reason back then BUT Mitch, you did go through a blue period.

Mitch, you were the lone voice of reason back then BUT Mitch, you did go through a blue period.

I take offense. I never once approached the ledge or complained and pointed out every reason to not give up. 

Ah! you just reminded me. Time to troll the despair thread. 

the pattern sucked and I certainly had no qualms about saying that, but when I believed the pattern changed for the better, I had no qualms about saying that either

as we all know, the truth sometimes hurts as a weenie, but it is what it is

Archived