Newest Member
    joxey
March 5 Snow Thread-Model Discussion ONLY

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consistently what?

21Z SREF essentially has NOVA-DC-Balt well within the 0.5" precip contour for the 12 hour period from 12Z-00Z tomorrow.  Looks like the axis of the 0.25 and 0.50 contours have edged/expanded somewhat more to the northwest too compared to the 15Z run.  But otherwise it's more or less very similar.

21Z SREF essentially has NOVA-DC-Balt well within the 0.5" precip contour for the 12 hour period from 12Z-00Z tomorrow.  Looks like the axis of the 0.25 and 0.50 contours have edged/expanded somewhat more to the northwest too compared to the 15Z run.  But otherwise it's more or less very similar.

yes..a little warmer and a little NW

Guys, be careful with the soundings... DCA is sleet at 12z and sleet/snow mix at 15z!

Yes, if we can get rid of that by 12Z like it was showing before, i.e., get the warm layer out of there.  (ETA:  maybe similar to what the Euro did, but the Euro cooled off the other layers faster?)

Ha...I almost have to laugh at this run.  I was jokingly saying in the banter thread something about watch how we get NAM'd at 00Z!

PSUHoffman and a couple of others had mentioned that a large part of the reason the NAM (and GFS) were so much drier than the other models was due to its handling of the 1st vs. 2nd wave, and if the 2nd wave was allowed to develop more or tap more moisture, we'd be better off.  I'm over-simplifying what they said probably, but I think that's the basic idea in just a sentence.  Is that what the NAM is doing here now?

Archived