EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

regardless of what happens it seems this will mark the end of a fairly epic few weeks so enjoy every flake that falls....those reds and oranges look to be marching eastward on the CPC.  My kids think the party won't end with staying home from school......Ah youth

It is always about the moisture.

Are we moist or aren't we?  

In other news, my daughter drove her car off the driveway onto the icy lawn

at 4:45 this morning trying to get to work at Starbucks. :flood:

Will you be able to replant?

I swear people just want to ruin the fun for everyone else by constantly worrying about sh!t that is beyond their/our control. Go find a mirror to express your worries to. 

its the same people every storm, which is funny. I've had my fair share of concerns in past systems, so I'm not perfect... but yeah. It gets old after a while. 

Everyone in Carroll Co has more snow than me. And in some cases, a few have about 10 inches more than me. I don't GAF if I win this round, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. If I get 5 or 6 someone up there will report 7 or 8. We've gone through this a million times. 

Everyone in Carroll Co has more snow than me. And in some cases, a few have about 10 inches more than me. I don't GAF if I win this round, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. If I get 5 or 6 someone up there will report 7 or 8. We've gone through this a million times. 

I think its a matter of realistic expectations. Anyone who believes they are getting 10-12" is silly. 4-6/6-8 is much more realistic, and even then i would expect the lower amounts. 

There is some discussion in the modeling thread about the storm being a little bit drier.

Well, even if all I get is 2 inches of snow or sleet, it's MARCH snow.

ANY March snow is BONUS snow, I am already 15 inches on the season and its still a stats padder. 

Snow in March is always FTW!

Great attitude. I'm fine with whatever we get - it's a gift.

I suggest that pushman spends an afternoon with you so he can get a serious attitude adjustment.

Right there with you, MG. There still seems to be too much difference in model output to say for certain we're all getting hammered from this. Consensus right now would be 4-8". 

Ava was pretty level headed on the news this morning -- said 4-6 was the likely amount, but some areas could see 6-8 or 6-10. She was quick to mention sun angle and when the cold would filter in. 

Archived