EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's over, guys. one run. Weather just stopped.

The problem is that we only have one real run left. Even the 6z RGEM is drier. Don't get me wrong, I will be happy with 4 inches of snow, but when the models showed double that last night. It is kinda of a buzz kill. I am not saying the 12z suite will not bounce back either. We have no idea if the euro is drier since it does not have off runs.

It's over, guys. one run. Weather just stopped.

The problem is that we only have one real run left. Even the 6z RGEM is drier. Don't get me wrong, I will be happy with 4 inches of snow, but when the models showed double that last night. It is kinda of a buzz kill. I am not saying the 12z suite will not bounce back either. We have no idea if the euro is drier since it does not have off runs.

But its 0z run was fine.  Maybe the reason it doesn't run off hours is for the very reason it can have some odd results.

I think its a matter of realistic expectations. Anyone who believes they are getting 10-12" is silly. 4-6/6-8 is much more realistic, and even then i would expect the lower amounts.

But I *NEED* 10.5" to hit 40" on the season so I have to get double-digits. Just have to. Otherwise, your map will suck. And this winter will be a disaster. And I'll cry.

But I *NEED* 10.5" to hit 40" on the season so I have to get double-digits. Just have to. Otherwise, your map will suck. And this winter will be a disaster. And I'll cry.

thank you for thinking about my map. 

Das, you have so much snow that your front yard looks like weathafella's yard up in Mass in a normal SNE winter lol. And, your high temp today will be 30 degrees. No melting at all. Then tomorrow you get destroyed by torrential snow.

You'll get banded - and probably will end up with 10.5 inches lol  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:

Yeesh!  The "model discussion only" thread has practically turned into cliff-jumping banter.  It's practically a disaster in there.  I mean, there's some concern to be sure...we always have that...but the excessive hand-wringing is a bit much.

What is the concern if 3-6 looks good? And that may be on top of some sleet and ice. Did they check the calendar?

Weenie logic would tell you we're on a roll and this will deliver. The 2/21 storm that was originally supposed to switch over much sooner than it did. Last Tuesday that was originally going to slide underneath us, but eventually dropped 2-4" across the area south of Baltimore. Sunday's system that just kept getting worse with each passing hour in the afternoon/evening. And even yesterday. Heck, even the early January clipper that surprised some with 4"+. When we get events this year they find a way to deliver for us. 

:weight_lift:

Weenie logic would tell you we're on a roll and this will deliver. The 2/21 storm that was originally supposed to switch over much sooner than it did. Last Tuesday that was originally going to slide underneath us, but eventually dropped 2-4" across the area south of Baltimore. Sunday's system that just kept getting worse with each passing hour in the afternoon/evening. And even yesterday. Heck, even the early January clipper that surprised some with 4"+. When we get events this year they find a way to deliver for us. 

:weight_lift:

shhh the naysayers may hear you

Das, you have so much snow that your front yard looks like weathafella's yard up in Mass in a normal SNE winter lol. And, your high temp today will be 30 degrees. No melting at all. Then tomorrow you get destroyed by torrential snow.

Yup. 6" still. Incessant temp rise continues tho. Up to 36.9°F.

post-109-0-98492000-1425474973_thumb.jpg

What is the concern if 3-6 looks good? And that may be on top of some sleet and ice. Did they check the calendar?

Well, I hear what you're saying and you're right.  But regardless there are always concerns that we get screwed at the last minute, etc.  The other day, the NAM was way too warm and north, and though it was an outlier, it was something to be aware of.  Likewise, the drier solutions at 06Z.  That said, it doesn't mean they keep going that way from here on out and doesn't mean it's a bad event.  I think some people were expecting a foot out of this because there were a couple of more extreme solutions.  Most were thinking on the order of a solid 4-8" storm to close out the season with a bang, which is more reasonable.

Archived