• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

I hope once they play consistently good teams in the NCAA tournament, they can't handle the pressure.  But if I had to say right now, they will probably win the tournament unfortunately.

Not a UVA alum, but rooting for the home team all the way.

Refs are bent on a Ky win...Cavs will have to wait until the end of the tourney to be #1. Hope Anderson comes back soon and on fire.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Aboard the tropical pacific pineapple express!!!! chooo!! chooo!!! I need to see your tickets!!!

Would you look at that TROPICAL CONNECTION!!!! It's a damn FIREHOSE! Right onto a massive Arctic cold front smack dab over the Mid Atlantic tomorrow night!

Deep moisture of tropical origin straight from the South Pac AND the Gulf of Mexico! Someone in Maryland could end up with historic snows from this!

[DT] ALEEEERT!! ALEEERRT![/DT]

I damn near almost suffered a MAJOR cardiac infarction tonight!

I cant believe stormtracker finally woke the heck up, finally smelled the coffee, and realized that this is NO debbie downer winter! This is one of the greatest winters the Mid Atlantic has ever seen in the past 100 years!

It's utterly beyond belief!

He actually took down that silly sig. This aint a debbie downer winter. We're gonna be telling and retelling this epic winter to our grandchildren for generations.

I damn near almost suffered a MAJOR cardiac infarction tonight!

I cant believe stormtracker finally woke the heck up, finally smelled the coffee, and realized that this is NO debbie downer winter! This is one of the greatest winters the Mid Atlantic has ever seen in the past 100 years!

It's utterly beyond belief!

He actually took down that silly sig. This aint a debbie downer winter. We're gonna be telling and retelling this epic winter to our grandchildren for generations.

I did take a Jebwalk on the Chesapeake bay. That's not something I will ever forget. Temp was 13. Sun set while I was out there (not far. 6-12" inches of water).

Need 2.5" to reach climo; I'll be happy with that.  That would make 3 straight years exceeding climo.  6.5" and I'll hit 30" for the thrid consecutive year... now that would be impressive.  I'd be shocked if we got that much snow out of this.  Purely for stats at this point; it'll all be gone by Sunday anyway.

Would love to have shifted these last 3 weeks to 6 weeks earlier.

Hello all, Im usually in the SE forum, but I have 2 interviews this week for the Maryland State Park Service, tomorrow at Patapsco Valley, and Thursday (doubtful with the forecast) at Sandy Point in Annapolis. Hopefully I will be joining y'all permanently soon at one of your lovely state parks!

Need 2.5" to reach climo; I'll be happy with that. That would make 3 straight years exceeding climo. 6.5" and I'll hit 30" for the thrid consecutive year... now that would be impressive. I'd be shocked if we got that much snow out of this. Purely for stats at this point; it'll all be gone by Sunday anyway.

Your box is so small that you will only be happy once or twice a decade

All Aboard the tropical pacific pineapple express!!!! chooo!! chooo!!! I need to see your tickets!!!

Would you look at that TROPICAL CONNECTION!!!! It's a damn FIREHOSE! Right onto a massive Arctic cold front smack dab over the Mid Atlantic tomorrow night!

Deep moisture of tropical origin straight from the South Pac AND the Gulf of Mexico! Someone in Maryland could end up with historic snows from this!

He's right.

Need 2.5" to reach climo; I'll be happy with that.  That would make 3 straight years exceeding climo.  6.5" and I'll hit 30" for the thrid consecutive year... now that would be impressive.  I'd be shocked if we got that much snow out of this.  Purely for stats at this point; it'll all be gone by Sunday anyway.

I need 4.9" for back-to-back 30"+ seasons. I haven't experienced that in any of my back yards since the late 70's.

I'm much more qualitative about snow than many.  I guess you have to be living where I do.  If it snows hard and sticks, I don't really care much whether I get 4 or 6".  Of course I want the higher amounts.  But it doesn't really matter a whole lot.  If I can blast my music and walk around, and just soak it all in, I am happy.  There is a lot of fixation on quantity.

By multiple metrics, the last 2 years will be viewed as historic. Even moreso than 09-10 if we can look beyond ridiculous snow. I just got my driver's license the last time we've knocked down two in a row like this. Half a million miles later....

even more remarkable when you think about the pattern we didn't have to accomplish this.

I need 4.9" for back-to-back 30"+ seasons. I haven't experienced that in any of my back yards since the late 70's.

let's do this!

Archived