Dump Trump
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man the model thread is a trainwreck,

So angsty.

No kidding, right?!  It's a pain to read through.  I'm not saying some angst isn't warranted (there's always some!), but some of the comments are off the ledge.  I wish some of those comments would either be deleted or moved here.  They said they were going to get strict on the discussion in there.  But I guess since the angst is model-related, that's technically still model discussion.

Why must you always try to play peacekeeper? No one is saying that he's not a good contributor. He's one of the better ones on the board, but worrying every time is kinda comical when he's in one of the higher climo parts of our region. 

I like psuhoffman... he's been a solid contributor for years and adds a lot to the board

Why must you always try to play peacekeeper? No one is saying that he's not a good contributor. He's one of the better ones on the board, but worrying every time is kinda comical when he's in one of the higher climo parts of our region. 

because Fozz

I've kept my expectations in check so far. My mindset has always been about 2-4". Rain to snow setups has and always will be tough here no matter what any model says. That said...it can be done. If 12z runs hold or increase qpf I'll probably finally be in on a moderate snow. At some point, gotta trust the algorithms even if it's an unusual setup.

It's always the same cadre of people whining, looking for the negatives, jumping after one model run or one model cycle..not waiting to see if it truly is a trend.   These people suck all of the life and joy out of this forum sometimes.  It's like a snowball affect...one rat jumps and then the others spook.   All the veterans and newbs who know better WAIT before crying about the storm is over, etc etc.   Sometimes you have to do is see the avatar/screenname and you know the post is going to be sh*t quality.  

If it fails I blame Ian for wishing the qpf would get lower as we got closer so his call would verify....

Not wishing playing the history game. 2" qpf is a ton in winter.

Also the moderating is lol. So serious. Omg.

Archived