amirah5
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

must be a dry snow

*rimshot*

That's pretty good. In all seriousness, GFS could certainly be right and its not really that far fetched. Are we really going to complain if we get 3-6" of snow on March 5th? I need less than 5" to hit 25" on the year and over 70" combined with last year. I sure as hell am not going to be complaining if I only get 4.5" of snow tomorrow. 

I think we should just cancel the storm

Has anybody even mentioned the major concerns of how warm the ground will be after today and the "fry bacon on my car hood" March sun angle?  I think we need to point out those important factors.  

Huh?  I agree with you.   Your call last night about the NAM not backing down was prescient...if that doesn't show your posts should be taken seriously, I don't know what does.  I was wrong about you.  It really is everybody else and not you.   And you were spot on about that NAM north trend after one run.    I'm glad you're here.  We could all learn a lot from you.

I took me awhile, but now I understand your new signature picture.  LOL. 

Has anybody even mentioned the major concerns of how warm the ground will be after today and the "fry bacon on my car hood" March sun angle?  I think we need to point out those important factors.  

darn too slow 

And I'm on board with Ian in that I really don't care that much anymore as long as OPM closes. 

It is well timed for a visit to the Mall so I honestly hope it's at least 3" or so but the most important thing is not going to work. 

Yeah, that stupid sh*t was discussed at length the other day.  I finally tired of it, and moved on.

Long time lurker and first time poster (I know it's a little too early for drinks; re: my screen name).  I just want to say I love this board!  I will go back to silent mode after this post, but know that I do shots along with some of y'all as the Euro comes in late at night. ( I drink the same amount if it is going to NUKE or SCREW us...so I am always in a good mood!).  My husband thinks I am nuts, but I am really starting to learn how to read these models because of all of you smart people...so thank you!  Can't wait for tomorrow's storm and a day of drinking by Noon! :)

"winterymix"  quoted paul kocin yesterday.......i was wondering if anyone can tell me where to find his storm updates/quotes?

thanks!!

he works at WPC so look at who signs them.. his stuff won't be up all the time given multiple forecasters

I'm not.  That was discussed at length a few days ago.

But the point is that I'm really, really worried that all my snow will vaporize instantly upon contact with the toasty warm ground tomorrow.  My forecast:  chilly with fog

But the point is that I'm really, really worried that all my snow will vaporize instantly upon contact with the toasty warm ground tomorrow.  My forecast:  chilly with fog

I understand completely.  Allow me to send my condolences now........in advance.

Archived