• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

Long time lurker and first time poster (I know it's a little too early for drinks; re: my screen name).  I just want to say I love this board!  I will go back to silent mode after this post, but know that I do shots along with some of y'all as the Euro comes in late at night. ( I drink the same amount if it is going to NUKE or SCREW us...so I am always in a good mood!).  My husband thinks I am nuts, but I am really starting to learn how to read these models because of all of you smart people...so thank you!  Can't wait for tomorrow's storm and a day of drinking by Noon! :)

Not all of us are that smart.  If I were you I'd follow PraetorianGuard's posts.  That guy....whoa!!  So much weather knowledge.  A true asset to this board.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is just about everything you are looking at on radar right now coming right at us is the first wave that is going to be mostly rain tonight.  The models have been trending towards a stronger first wave and a weaker second the last 3 runs.  That is bad because the lead wave is running out ahead  of the cold air.  The more energy wave one takes off the weaker and more suppressed wave 2 will be behind it.  Hopefully models are jumping on the wrong wave and will correct tonight once its out of the way.  Sometimes they have issues resolving the 2 wave thing, and perhaps the euro is handing it better.  If it holds in 90 minutes I will feel better.

please keep us posted

Not all of us are that smart.  If I were you I'd follow PraetorianGuard's posts.  That guy....whoa!!  So much weather knowledge.  A true asset to this board.

I do read his (I am assuming gender here), Bob, I think his name is Matt (he changes his screen name so I am guessing), Ian and a few others.  I find you, Randy, mapgirl, biggerboat, ravens to be hilarious, so thanks for the laughs!  I look at it this way...

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.” ― George Carlin

If you have this attitude....it can never disappoint!

I do read his (I am assuming gender here), Bob, I think his name is Matt (he changes his screen name so I am guessing), Ian and a few others.  I find you, Randy, mapgirl, biggerboat, ravens to be hilarious, so thanks for the laughs!  I look at it this way...

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.” ― George Carlin

most on your list is cool. (that H2O dude, meh). 

welcome to forum! 

Ok, guys.  Now I'm really worried.  See, I just went to the office microwave to heat up my lunch and I saw something flashing in the timer window I've never seen before.  It was blinking the word "FOOD"!!!!  Does this mean it has become sentient?  Do microwaves need to be fed every few hours?

I cautiously put my food in for 2 min and it was still there when it beeped.  The problem was that the message now said "END."  I think it was telling me the storm for tomorrow is over.

Need thoughts.

Aw thanks, welcome to the board.

you're better than that. That was pretty bad. 

Almost as bad as the joke my father in law told me once about Camden Yards. 

'Hey, did you hear they're trying to air condition Camden Yards. Yeah, they're going to put a fan in every seat.'

Womp Womp

Archived