Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some of the posters here aren't very good at posting observations for a 12-hr event. This isn't a clipper that's over in two hours. Why not just wait until it's getting good in your area to start posting instead of updating us every 5 minutes that it isn't good yet? 

I don't begrudge people lamenting here and there (though maybe not constant whining).  They see reports from folks that it's "crushing" or "ripping" and who already have a few inches of snow, and it's only natural to get a little anxious.  Not everyone takes a strictly analytical approach to storms, so there will always be people who let emotions get out in front.

Not sure I understand the reasoning behind including Arlington in the bump to 6 - 10" by the NWS.  We barely have an inch on untreated surfaces right now.

That being said, I'd be ecstatic with 4" in Courthouse - we generally suffer from the DCA disease of never being able to accumulate snow effectively.

Not sure I understand the reasoning behind including Arlington in the bump to 6 - 10" by the NWS.  We barely have an inch on untreated surfaces right now.

That being said, I'd be ecstatic with 4" in Courthouse - we generally suffer from the DCA disease of never being able to accumulate snow effectively.

yea... great storm, but unless radar starts to juice up to our NW, no way anyone in the DMV hits 10"

Not sure I understand the reasoning behind including Arlington in the bump to 6 - 10" by the NWS. We barely have an inch on untreated surfaces right now.

Because they want to get your hopes up and then crush them when you see the back edge advancing rapidly at 3:00 pm.

Archived