Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the more awful posters the last few days are going to end up with the highest totals...I say those guys should not be allowed to enjoy the snow by posting on here...let them talk to themselves for the day

I'll be lucky to get 2"!!!!  The NAM's warm layer still worries me.  The snow doesn't look snowy enough :(

Some of the more awful posters the last few days are going to end up with the highest totals...I say those guys should not be allowed to enjoy the snow by posting on here...let them talk to themselves for the day

I was afraid that folks north of the Mason Dixon Line wouldn't be posting obs in this forum for this storm because they got fringed.  Glad to see that's not the case!

I just saw that LWX has backed off some on their amounts (as of their 3AM update).  Glad I came in here first to catch up.  Hopefully Sterling will be playing catch-up to raise the amounts during the day.  Oh, and in their discussion, LWX does actually mention the dreaded March sun angle!

THERE STILL LOOKS LIKE A GOOD PROB OF A FEW HOURS OF SLEET MIXTURE...ESPECIALLY
AS THE TRANSITION ZONE TRAVERSES FARTHER SE. FOR THESE REASONS...IN
ADDITION TO A LARGE CHUNK OF SNOW FALLING DURING THE DAYLIGHT HOURS
(MARCH SUN ANGLE)...SNOW TOTALS HAVE BEEN TRIMMED BACK BY A FEW
INCHES ACROSS A GOOD PART OF THE AREA.

To the tune of the Other birthday song...

Snowflakes causing great despair
Cars are crashing everywhere

Those that try The Hill of Doom             

Soon will slip and go ka-boom

Going out’s a great mistake

Your car may slide into a lake

Another car just overturned

At least this wreck is not all burned

You may get caught in frozen slush-

“Abandon cars, avoid the rush”

Metro for now is still on track

But can you make your way on back?

You should forget about being bussed

They are sidelined with lots of rust

If you try to catch a ferry

Of the ice floes be so wary

So cower down inside your hovel

Wait till April to park your shovel

i'm not gonna lie.  i had my doubts about this one (let's face it, it's an unusual setup in early march), but this time i finally just decided to trust the models.  what's in our favor is that the ground has been so cold.  even the other day we were accumulating freezing rain in the middle of the day which is pretty uncommon here.  we suck at ice storms, but when your february is 8 degrees or whatever below normal, we turn into the upper midwest.

I'm going to de-lurk for my single weenie post of the year with a question.

I see the radar fetching moisture to our area from all the way down on the Texas Gulf Coast.  Is the forecast for that fetch to just dry up?  Will it sag south of us?  Is there a simulated radar that shows what this will look like over the next 12 hours?  

OK, so 3 questions.  This very much reminds me of the radar on Feb. 16-17, 2003, with just crushing snow for 24+ hours it seemed.

<re-lurk>

Archived