• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

They were spooked in early Jan.. all it takes is one time and they are flinching on the side of caution for all preceding threats for the rest of the season.. I would lean towards a full closing across the board for tomorrow.

They better because I already punted.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and snowquester I'm sure still weighs even after last year. This is going full throttle a bit later though. I do think basically everything will close.. thought they might do tonight tho.

It's funny though.  They've had delays and a closure for a lot less this year.  The 4" pixie dust storm a couple of week ago which ended before dawn comes to mind...the gov't closed for that (as did schools).  I was surprised, thinking it would be a 2 hour delay with optional telework/unscheduled leave.  That said, it was very cold, so maybe there was concern about the state of the roads even though they looked clear by mid-morning.

Assuming things go as planned in this event, the last thing they want is another Commutageddon in the afternoon.  I think the forecast and discussions have made it clear that the early morning might not look too bad, but things will go downhill from there rather rapidly.

I'm still trying to figure out my grade for the winter. I'm not sure this is our last shot, but assuming it is this feels like how I felt just after the Seahawks made that incredible catch at the 5 and ran the ball in to win the Super Bowl in the easiest and most anticlimatic fashion possible.

Ha!  Yeah, I didn't have a dog in that fight for the Super Bowl.  But I couldn't believe the call to throw it in the endzone instead of pounding it in from 2 yards out, when they had 3 chances and a guy who was walking all over the Pats.

sicher (sure in German), or perhaps some Apfelkorn.  A few shots of that out of the freezer and anything that ails you will disappear.  lived in Germany 6+ years and could not avoid partaking.  The worse German bier is better than the best American beer...

My GF is a German national.. stocked with Kirschwasser and Williams Pear schnapps.. Prost!

My GF is a German national.. stocked with Kirschwasser and Williams Pear schnapps.. Prost!

Und Prost zum ihnnen auch.  Now you are talking!  Kirschwasser, Pear schnapps, Apfelkorn - or all three...   That would make a great time!  Suspect that your gf is challenged to understand our weather affliction just like my wife is (she's from E. Asia and does not get it at all).  

Und Prost zum ihnnen auch.  Now you are talking!  Kirschwasser, Pear schnapps, Apfelkorn - or all three...   That would make a great time!  Suspect that your gf is challenged to understand our weather affliction just like my wife is (she's from E. Asia and does not get it at all).  

Yeah she thinks I'm verrückt

Weren't you guys out there in a brutal snow drought a few months ago?

Still are.. 8" all year. Only one 1" storm (1.6"). Think we're 15% of normal and -4°C below normal. Cold and dry. 

Anything has to be better than Fargo. I give you credit, you have to be crazy to live there. Ya betcha.

At least they're paying me. 

Still are.. 8" all year. Only one 1" storm (1.6"). Think we're 15% of normal and -4°C below normal. Cold and dry.

At least they're paying me.

Oh i know. I respect anyone who moves there just to have a job. Hopefully in a few years you get to go somewhere a bit better.

Archived