• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

I just went on a short bike ride.  Nothing like cold rain on an after midnight bike ride, except for the post-ride beer.  OPM better do the right thing or I'm screwed.

LMAO I know the feeling... except I don't work for the feds... so I just have to hope my company does the right thing...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh i know. I respect anyone who moves there just to have a job. Hopefully in a few years you get to go somewhere a bit better.

2 years, get my degree and I'm outa here. May stay the summer after, but not the winter.  :shiver:

Good God.

<gif>

Haha.. Thanks bro.

What do you miss, roller coaster ride?

Pretty much, cold and dry gets annoying. Late Spring/Summer/Early Fall is better, but that's only 4-5 months of the year. 

Weenie scary story time:

Even though it was a different setup.

Who remembers that one storm either last year or the year before in March where the changeover was supposed to happen around midnight and we had a forecast of 4-8 with warnings?  We got stuck with sleet for a few hours and ended up with an inch of sleet/snow at IAD that all melted the next morning

Now - 8am: Weak radar and slower changeover will incite panic from the weenies.

8am - Noon: Radar fills in with heavier precip... mostly/all snow. Spirits are lifted.

Noon - 6pm/Early evening: Everyone rejoices with the snow falling. The area gets 4-8" as expected.

I'm now right now

Bye, bye, Mr. Government Guy.

You crashed your Chevy off the levy,

And now you have died.

Your good old boys asking OPM why,

That this will be the day that you die

This will be the day that you die

(12 minutes/15 verses later)

This will be the day that you die.

ROFLOMBO LOL!!!!

My daughter came downstairs and said, in a pitiful voice, "It didn't snow!".  She'll fit in well at AmWx some day.

Ha! I just "suggested" to the husband that he may want to go ahead and pull out the snowblower... just in case. He says...it's just raining and it's like 40 degrees. Can't believe they closed...am I getting breakfast though? I should tell him no breakfast for you!

was wondering where to measure yesterday morning … but looks like all our snow is gone … other than the piles … fog eating snow

woke up at 5:30 and turned on TV, 40 in DC … that can't be good

heard neighbor getting car out of garage to go to work? (no, I see him working on his snow blower) … that is good

see weatherman apologizing because the actual sleet/snow line is further N/W than what is depicted on the screen … not good

rain/sleet mix is now sleet … that is good

Archived