Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's psu, ninjawarrior, pdiii, dood...

Psu is frantically trying to find something to worry about and can't move his fingers

Ninja accidentally looked in the mirror and realized he knows more about video games than weather

PD3 is actively seeking other internet forums to make bad posts in

Dood is taking a dood

lol

Did you steal his Winston's?

Damn, he was the best.

Nope i was riding him the entire game about how terrible he was sending runners from third. And what do you know he sent the tying run in the bottom of the ninth from 3rd on a sac fly with 1 out and the guy was thrown out at the plate to end the game and i went nuts. I take my O's and Ravens a little too seriously.

Psu is frantically trying to find something to worry about and can't move his fingers

Ninja accidentally looked in the mirror and realized he knows more about video games than weather

Dood is taking a dood

Classic  :lol:

Do any of you all schedule your work meetings/client calls around model runs during winter. I'll never schedule a meeting between 1 pm and 2 pm

I am usually in north Jersey every Thursday into Friday. I moved up my meetings to today. Drove to Wayne this morning. Had my meeting, got right back in the car and came home. Left home at 9am got back at 8pm with lots of traffic Just to be home for a damn storm.

I am usually in north Jersey every Thursday into Friday. I moved up my meetings to today. Drove to Wayne this morning. Had my meeting, got right back in the car and came home. Left home at 9am got back at 8pm with lots of traffic Just to be home for a damn storm.

Smart man.

Do any of you all schedule your work meetings/client calls around model runs during winter. I'll never schedule a meeting between 1 pm and 2 pm

I always have to answer my phone. If it's during an important model run I put them on speaker and pretend I care about what they are saying. 

lol

I always forget that part about him. Man, he used to have the best obs.

Nothing tops those grill covers and garbage can lids posts. All while we had 3 mph winds outside. But to be fair he was going through a really rough time in his life and i am glad he is doing better now.

I think with each storm that has a possibility of 6 inches or more, for our area, a melt down thread needs to be created when a banter thread is detached.  Weather events are a horrendously, emotional obsession

Can't really disagree, and I'll admit to having those swings from frustration to feeling great when following these things.  Though I try to keep from cluttering threads up with hand-wringing comments (even if I feel like hand-wringing!) and keep those mostly to myself.  I know how aggravating it is to see meltdowns in the model discussion threads, so I try to avoid making too many cynical remarks in there when things look down.  Even as I flip off the NAM or GFS to myself when it sucks for us, hahaha!

We do get pretty involved, emotionally or otherwise.  It's the nature of the beast I suppose, if you love snow and snowstorms.  Every blip or change in a model run can be like a roller-coaster.  But it's nice when they suddenly snap into place in a favorable manner, like they appeared to tonight!

Dood is taking a dood

I nominate this as a runner-up to Jeb's epic rant post a few weeks ago!!!  Bob is in classic trole mode I see! :D

Dood is taking a dood

That right there is some quality shiat.

I do like porters.  You're in a good spot for good breweries.

I like Great Lakes beer (from Cleveland, gotta patronize the home town brew!).  Good stuff!  They started selling it in DC and VA, but not yet in MD.  So I have to rum-run it down Connecticut Avenue a few miles into DC to get some.

Their Edmund Fitzgerald porter is mighty fine.  Personally, my favorite is the Dortmunder Gold (a pleasant gold lager).  Recently, I tried the Blackout Stout (named after the great northeast blackout several years ago).

I nominate this as a runner-up to Jeb's epic rant post a few weeks ago!!!  Bob is in classic trole mode I see!

I feel bad putting psu's name in that post. I like and respect his analysis quite a bit. Just poking fun at the worrying. That's all. The rest are in a league of their own. 

I own a home improvement company so I can pretty much make my own schedule. Since the winter is the slowest time of the year for business I have plenty time to give to my addiction. I'm very fortunate.

Do you do windows...?    :whistle:

I like Great Lakes beer (from Cleveland, gotta patronize the home town brew!).  Good stuff!  They started selling it in DC and VA, but not yet in MD.  So I have to rum-run it down Connecticut Avenue a few miles into DC to get some.

Their Edmund Fitzgerald porter is mighty fine.  Personally, my favorite is the Dortmunder Gold (a pleasant gold lager).  Recently, I tried the Blackout Stout (named after the great northeast blackout several years ago).

I googled it and the bottle looks familiar but if it's not available in MD, then I've likely never had it.  I'll keep an eye out for it.  Certainly won't forget the name because the song is still a favorite.

I googled it and the bottle looks familiar but if it's not available in MD, then I've likely never had it.  I'll keep an eye out for it.  Certainly won't forget the name because the song is still a favorite.

Ah, yes...Gordon Lightfoot's song about the Edmund Fitzgerald, which I like as well (and of course that's what their porter is named after).  If you're in DC or VA sometime, check for it in a liquor store.  I'll say upfront it's pretty pricey (all the GL beers are, especially the seasonal ones), but I don't mind, and it's worth the money.

Archived