joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought a cheap one from Costco. From Fruili. Ostensibly a good sign. But you never know where from or what you are getting. They could be from Istria, and then it would be

:yikes:  This one is from Oregon - King's Estate Winery I think.  Picked it up at Total Wine - my other favorite place besides Costco and Wegmans.  

Yeah, it's getting pretty cheez-y! :P

Don't mind Riesling, but kind of sweet for me.  Or maybe I'm mixing that up with Gewurtztraminer.  I usually drink a Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.  Red wine I like with a steak or other hearty dinner.

You can find dry versions of both the Gewurtztraminer and Riesling. Very fine wines, both heavily subsidized by the German and Austrian governments. For good reasons. I seem to have difficulty finding a good variety of non-oaked Chards. Frustrating.

Ugh just went to the New England forum and was saddened to read about Clinch Leatherwood. So sad- his posts were so informative. RIP

That was the worst news i heard in a long time. He was such a great guy and really knew his stuff. And he had 2 young kids. Just awful. RIP Clinch.

awesome night to have your car battery (hopefully) die.  what a joy to leave the gym and find yourself stranded in 48F driving-rain winter storm.  so glad.

and nice to see hours of heavy rain falling.  good to get most of our qpf out of the way before the cold air eventually gets here.

lol

I'm sorry about your misfortunes but you need to find a warm spot and have a drink.  This is the chillin' thread.  No bad vibes in here.  Get some cheez'its. 

One of the things I love about tracking snow on this board is the pre storm beverage consumption banter....this seems to be a wine storm for some reason. Anyway, had a glass of Chardonnay with dinner (what is with the white wine tonight), now plowing thru a six pack of devils backbone "Dark Abby". So yummy, last time I was drinking this was a couple of weeks ago where I got annihilated in lexington, va with 15". Hoping for some good mojo tonight before the fun tomorrow.

One of the things I love about tracking snow on this board is the pre storm beverage consumption banter....this seems to be a wine storm for some reason. Anyway, had a glass of Chardonnay with dinner (what is with the white wine tonight), now plowing thru a six pack of devils backbone "Dark Abby". So yummy, last time I was drinking this was a couple of weeks ago where I got annihilated in lexington, va with 15". Hoping for some good mojo tonight before the fun tomorrow.

A toast!   Health, happiness, and abundant snow to all!  Salut

With a good filet mignon, of course. But we can squeak by on a moderate Pinot with the right characteristics for CheezI-Its.

Hey now, I'm not talking SQN's new hyper prices PS that won't be ready to drink for a decade. PS is good value. 20-50 bucks depending on your budget+ a few years in the cellar =heaven I'm opening a 2004 tomorrow if this verifies.

Archived