Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 5th Storm Banter Thread

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel bad putting psu's name in that post. I like and respect his analysis quite a bit. Just poking fun at the worrying. That's all. The rest are in a league of their own. 

Agree.  I have actually like his contributions and knowledgeable input, despite getting a bit aggravated at the tearing of hair worrying about being fringed or looking for how everything can fail at times.  Heck, he has the Jan. 2011 storm named after him in here!

For all the worry though, he made a good point that sticks in my mind about this event:  that is, the second wave needs to have a chance to tap the moisture and/or be stronger in order for us to score well.  We wanted the models to key in more on developing that one more than the lead wave.  Apparently the 00Z NAM and GFS did just that now (and are hopefully correct!).  I'm not doing that analysis justice, but I think that's the gist of what he was saying.

Can't really disagree, and I'll admit to having those swings from frustration to feeling great when following these things.  Though I try to keep from cluttering threads up with hand-wringing comments (even if I feel like hand-wringing!) and keep those mostly to myself.  I know how aggravating it is to see meltdowns in the model discussion threads, so I try to avoid making too many cynical remarks in there when things look down.  Even as I flip off the NAM or GFS to myself when it sucks for us, hahaha!

We do get pretty involved, emotionally or otherwise.  It's the nature of the beast I suppose, if you love snow and snowstorms.  Every blip or change in a model run can be like a roller-coaster.  But it's nice when they suddenly snap into place in a favorable manner, like they appeared to tonight!

The high's are high and the low's are a lot of "W T F...F*&k   F*&k's" being yelled aimlessly.  I do try to contain my meltdowns and not show them on here...but at the same time, the people on this board would be the only one who would fully understand it :)

So DT apparently issued a last call, last call map...3 hours before the storm..the guy is such a joke

I don't know if I see anything wrong with that.  If he can give his readers and clients a more accurate forecast, why not change it?  Although, I don't know if his map changed all that much, though I didn't look too closely. 

I googled it and the bottle looks familiar but if it's not available in MD, then I've likely never had it. I'll keep an eye out for it. Certainly won't forget the name because the song is still a favorite.

Love Great Lakes beers. Try the Chillwave D-IPA sometime. Comes out soon I believe. Bob Chill should try it as well. ;-)

The high's are high and the low's are a lot of "W T F...F*&k   F*&k's" being yelled aimlessly.  I do try to contain my meltdowns and not show them on here...but at the same time, the people on this board would be the only one who would fully understand it :)

The worst is when a friend/loved one/coworker walks over right after an AWFUL model run and says something like, "so - are we going to get a foot of snow tomorrow? :) :) :)"

... and you just kind of want to lash out at them, but then you realize that if you yell "NO! The G-D 12Z NAM is bringing the 850 zero line through later than last run and now the Euro is drier than the rest of the 12Z suite!!" they'll look at you like you've lost your effing mind... 

I don't know if I see anything wrong with that.  If he can give his readers and clients a more accurate forecast, why not change it?  Although, I don't know if his map changed all that much, though I didn't look too closely. 

He isnt the only one that tweaks his maps based on the latest data prior to a storm. Most do. And I agree there is nothing wrong with that.

The worst is when a friend/loved one/coworker walks over right after an AWFUL model run and says something like, "so - are we going to get a foot of snow tomorrow? :) :) :)"

... and you just kind of want to lash out at them, but then you realize that if you yell "NO! The G-D 12Z NAM is bringing the 850 zero line through later than last run and now the Euro is drier than the rest of the 12Z suite!!" they'll look at you like you've lost your effing mind... 

You know my pain.

Archived