joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ice/Wintery Mix Event 3/1

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugly morning here. 25.3 and mostly sleet with enough zr to lock the sleet pellets together. Never a flake. I can do without the ice. Looks like the battle line in Va is I66 or rt 50. Looks like Rt 4 in md, save far eastern areas that are still in cold dome.

Roads are covered with sleet and the zr is making things nice and slick. i got a nice layer of ice and sleet on my car. It will be fun to chip it off later  :thumbsup:

At these temps, in the middle 20s, the ZR is accreting nicely and the sleet is providing a nice matrix. Man this is one of the BEST winter storms so far! Radar is a thing of beauty, green is filling in nicely with the promise of still more steady ZR and sleet.

Wow that back edge is coming fast! I thought we would have precip for longer but it looks like another hour and that's it. Unless other patches come thru later which I guess would be sleet/frz rain?

Light snow with a dusting, 25 degrees. Pretty fully stuff as a small gust blew it all off the deck.

look west. More to come later.

Here's to hoping his call fails! ;)   I'm all in for an interesting ice event on top of some light snow/sleet...as long as it's not getting into the destructive zone.

Archived