Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canadian ensemble is not bullish on snow for DC, but GEFS is. The difference seems to be that the GEFS / GFS develop a stronger coastal.

If it's a straight up miller A coastal and the high is in good position we could certainly make out. If it turns out to be a coastal energy transfer with marginal temps...not good

Yes, even my Dad asked me today  about snow, and he usually doesn't keep up with weather stuff so 'someone somewhere' has thrown the word around in the general news/media in last 24 hours.

Doug Kammerer on Facebook mentioned the possibility.

Nice trends... I'm not discounting the possibility of accumulation. Like Matt said, it will struggle on pavement but hopefully cover the trees and grass... I'd be thrilled with a 3/25/2013 repeat.

It could easily street stick in the middle of the afternoon where you are at 33-34 degrees if it is heavy enough....

It could easily street stick in the middle of the afternoon where you are at 33-34 degrees if it is heavy enough....

It would take nice rates... 3/25/13 had great timing with its daybreak start but then struggled on pavement after 9am. Still a nice overperformer especially after the early month debacle.

The GFS day 8 storm looks pretty epic for the burbs...

It would take nice rates... 3/25/13 had great timing with its daybreak start but then struggled on pavement after 9am. Still a nice overperformer especially after the early month debacle.

The GFS day 8 storm looks pretty epic for the burbs...

3/25/13 was mostly overnight.  Done by 8am.  I had a pasting of 4.5". 

Friday isn't particularly exciting but it has decent support for some minor accums from the ops and ensembles. EPS is about 1.5" on the means for the corridor with more closer to the md line. Considering surface temps, accums will likely be pretty light if they happen with little staying power. 

I'm getting interested in the tues-fri period next week. The fantasy 0z gfs solution has some support. Even thought the euro op didn't have anything there are some pretty hefty storms in the ensembles. Seems that the models are getting more bullish for that period as we get closer.  

Friday isn't particularly exciting but it has decent support for some minor accums from the ops and ensembles. EPS is about 1.5" on the means for the corridor with more closer to the md line. Considering surface temps, accums will likely be pretty light if they happen with little staying power. 

I'm getting interested in the tues-fri period next week. The fantasy 0z gfs solution has some support. Even thought the euro op didn't have anything there are some pretty hefty storms in the ensembles. Seems that the models are getting more bullish for that period as we get closer.  

Agree... Friday looks better N and W of town for accums anwyay.  06z GFS is kind of hilarious in the LR

Archived