March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z euro para

oAKXQ0f.gif

M0zDnG4.gif

not quite the same but a similar dynamic and trough alignment throughout. obv fantasy range but hard to totally ignore the recurring signal of something big by that end of mo period.. guess it could still be the first one but need more than GGEM..

12z euro para

oAKXQ0f.gif

M0zDnG4.gif

not quite the same but a similar dynamic and trough alignment throughout. obv fantasy range but hard to totally ignore the recurring signal of something big by that end of mo period.. guess it could still be the first one but need more than GGEM..

Man does that look sweet!

I'm guessing the Euro is still holding off on the 93 storm?

Euro ens are showing a really amplified look from d8-13. +pna/-epo ridge connection and deep trough in the east. I could see a shortwave dig deep and blow up down south in that pattern. Cities and close burbs fighting hard against climo by then but a big elevation event wouldn't shock me at all.

Euro ens are showing a really amplified look from d8-13. +pna/-epo ridge connection and deep trough in the east. I could see a shortwave dig deep and blow up down south in that pattern. Cities and close burbs fighting hard against climo by then but a big elevation event wouldn't shock me at all.

that would give me respite from the relentless mild pattern. I am pretty sure that by  Apr 3 I will be more than happy to enjoy a cloudy, refreshing cool rain with a northeast breeze. We are continuing to experience a pattern typical of a month from now: Highs in the 60s, lows in the mid 40s, then cold fronts taking us to low 50s highs with lows around 39. That is typical mid April weather.

We're setting up for a record warm spring overall then a sweltering hell of a summer that will make 2011 look like The Day After Tomorrow. It will be so hot in DC in August that forecasters all over the nation will be pointing out it is cooler in Austin Texas than in DC lol

Heh, look at these analogs. Superstorm + late Mar/early April 1990. This is about as bullish as you can get for very late season snow. 

500hgt_comp_sup814.gif

Mar 1993 is hard but that pattern is big time. Even if we miss -- and we probably should in late Mar-- could be a fun event to watch.

March 1993 maximized an explosive pattern. Getting something to come together like that is awful tough obviously. But seeing that in there + the 1990 stuff is pretty impressive. I'd like to see a big nasty storm even if it's only wind and rain in my yard. 

GEFS/EPS look very similar in that d8-13 range. I looked at the 6z gefs members and they are all amped next weekend with all kinds of storms during and after that time frame. Euro ens have some good storms inside of d10 but not enough to call it a signal or anything. 

Not a lot of spread here with height patterns for d8+. Impressive

f204.gif

Archived