Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro backed off too. Other 'trend' seems to be slower precip which is probably bad in this case. 

Actually maybe a little better in N MD as it gets more precip up there before 850s go bad. Around DC it's pretty meh though. 

looks wetter and has a few inches in the NW burbs

It's wetter but it's a good bit warmer and it also has the high running away and it's slower. Snow maps look decent NW and N but they also look way overdone based on the rest heh. 

It's wetter but it's a good bit warmer and it also has the high running away and it's slower. Snow maps look decent NW and N but they also look way overdone based on the rest heh. 

so much for the block keeping the High locked in:(

I've barely tracked this event. What is the trend with the midlevels? Have they been slipping the wrong direction or basically staying about the same?

Not sure there's really any trend as of now. 12z all are a little warmer than the better runs though it seems. 

Not sure there's really any trend as of now. 12z all are a little warmer than the better runs though it seems. 

It looks like a dud if you ask me.  But then again, I haven't been paying close attention either, so..

I took a closer look I guess were in the game. But the surface looks pretty crappy even for dead of the night. HP is weak sauce and moving towards a notsogreat spot. We need precip rates like the euro (.50 in 6 hours) to stand a chance at measuring something. Northern tier has the best shot obviously. 

GEFS/EPS looks to have one more cold shot near the end of the month. Will probably be more aggravating than anything else. I pulled the mental plug on winter last week. At least -10 to -15 airmasses don't feel bad at the end of March. 

Here's my look for people who want it to snow.

:blink:

Thanks for sharing for the 10000th time

Weather does what it wants. If it snows, I'll enjoy the event. If it's 80F, I'll enjoy that too. 

This times a million. 

The cool thing about March is that either can very much be in play. 

Any warmth showing up in the long range? The cherry blossoms might be in for another late bloom if not. Bradford pears just finally starting to bloom in Raleigh when i was there this weekend.

Cherry trees should be about the same as last year at this rate. Or at the very end of the festival. :P 

LOL..........I'm sure you philosophers will enjoy next January if it's about a +12.

After all, it's just weather.

Actually I wouldn't mind that... all I want next year is a December that's like a combination of 1989 and 2009. Can torch the whole way through after that. I love March snows, but a change of pace would be nice next year.

Archived