joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday it had quite a system at day 6-7.

Yeah it looked like a plastering of wet snow for parts of VA. Today it looks like 60 for that area for the same period. Yesterday's solution looked way wonky. But even the GFS ens have not looked as impressive for that period as far as anomalous cold for the MA.

This has been as sudden an end to winter as 2010. Hopefully, we don't face as sudden a switch from Spring to Summer (April 4th) as that year.

Canadian holding on to a mod snow event late Thursday night. On its own right now, but since every other model has looked diff than its prior run, I'm not sure the ending is here. I think we'll have to wait a few more days.

Canadian holding on to a mod snow event late Thursday night. On its own right now, but since every other model has looked diff than its prior run, I'm not sure the ending is here. I think we'll have to wait a few more days.

Closest storm on the GFS late week is a few hundred miles east of Jacksonville, and the 12z Euro looks like its got something but its warm. Not much consistency for sure. I would think if we get past the 23rd with no snow, its pretty much over.

Well it is March.

it would be surprising if it were early february. Only so much winter you can realistically expect in our region this late. We had a great end to winter, so it's hard to complain if it is over now. As long as we don't torch, which doesn't appear to be the case.

not imby if you're referring to the early March clipper/Miller B that gave BWI around 4"+ and much more to the NE

....if you're not, never mind. :)

No I was talking about the March 28th bomb.  It actually ended as a few slushy inches but was mostly rain.

Archived