• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

That's obviously not happening if we get that block, so might as well hope for snow if it's going to be so chilly and cloudy.

Fortunately it looks like it's going to be transient. You never know if/once it happens but Euro and GFS ens move it out fairly quick as of now. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when is super block happening?

Mainly like the 18th-25th or so give or take? Location is best for us early but the trough orientation isn't that good... maybe a shot as it breaks down? Nothing is really standing out though.. -NAO is just an ingredient of course, plenty of them with not much to show for it. 

The -epo doesn't look transient. It's going to be an annoying period. Snow or no snow. 

Yeah it's becoming one of those semi-permanent features heh. GFS ens aren't all that cold really, Euro a bit colder. The first shot should have some legs esp north of here... after that it might be just a bit below or near at times though that's fantasy range and I suck at long range. ;) 

Yeah it's becoming one of those semi-permanent features heh. GFS ens aren't all that cold really, Euro a bit colder. The first shot should have some legs esp north of here... after that it might be just a bit below or near at times though that's fantasy range and I suck at long range. ;)

It's probably going to be a windy period as well. That annoys me at times. The 3 things I like to do in warmer weather are fish, disc golf, and fly remote control planes. Winds screws up the enjoyment factor of all 3. 

It's an interesting period for sure. Neat to see an op start to pick up on storm potential even if it's in fantasy range. The block location at least early is really nice if the rest comes together. 

It's an interesting period for sure. Neat to see an op start to pick up on storm potential even if it's in fantasy range. The block location at least early is really nice if the rest comes together. 

0z euro ensembles basically had nothing of note inside of 10 days. However, they definitely looked interesting in the d10-15 period. 

0z euro ensembles basically had nothing of note inside of 10 days. However, they definitely looked interesting in the d10-15 period. 

I think the GFS is showing an event too early ....give it a few days later but i think we have one more storm in us

Hey don't forget about E38 from last night's euro, which dropped 12+" from DC east and northeast at hour 162-180!

EDIT: And e25 has the biggest storm in history for Western MD + a good hit for the western DC suburbs. 

the operational had a storm coming into our area on day 10 that, per accuwx snowfall maps and soundings, was snow for the area

it must be the same s/w with GFS a tad early as JI mentioned

I think the GFS is showing an event too early ....give it a few days later but i think we have one more storm in us

We're a full week away from really knowing much. Anomalous late march cold seems pretty likely by wed-thurs. I don't think we have to worry about the pv crushing everything. It's awful late in the season for that. 

Archived