• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

We managed snow after the 20th both last year and in 2013. With a look like this on the ensembles I'm not so sure why others are so bearish on snow later in the month. Obviously any event would have to be at night and would probably be more slushy than snowy inside the city. 

P003 has Bob Chill's HECS.

f348.gif

We have at least one more snowstorm left in us this month. Let's bring this one home. It just wants to snow here this winter. We are a snowtown.

We got this!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's the 10-day GGEM op, but this looks pretty good to my untrained eye.  I'd be interested in what others have to say about the pattern.

6qBNSBb.png

The ensembles seem to support this general pattern.

O86fxwy.png

Z2xzST5.png

5OGHiVr.png

6z gfs is somewhat interesting for the far NW burbs

Meh, maybe. Looks wet. The only cold air is in NE. Would be chilly but not cold. Beyond that lots of typical March weather with temps in the 50s mostly. The period around the 20th still looks kinda interesting, although the 500 mb height pattern doesnt look as impressive to me on GEFS on the last several runs as it did on previous cycles.

12z Gfs would theoretically drop 2-6" around the region Friday night. I'm not buying it at all but it's not the first run showing the hp being strong enough to get the column right.

gfs had insisted on this for a few days but of course euro says no way

Not sure what to think on that one.. a usual since I am a waffler. ;)

GFS solution is certainly interesting. I think losing snowpack is going to change the equation a bit on marginal events going forward, though we may still keep it in the immediate source regions for cold.

Ill give it a meh bc I don't want rain and the gfs is very wet over the next 10 days. We don't need rain.

Meh for the same reason, plus we are in a mild pattern now, and also following this "event". Its a transient High/ back door cold front. NE could cash in on some snow/ice in a set up as advertised. Down this way, seems unlikely, but who knows maybe it evolves. GEM or Euro got anything other than rain? Last I saw it looked like a no.

Meh for the same reason, plus we are in a mild pattern now, and also following this "event". Its a transient High/ back door cold front. NE could cash in on some snow/ice in a set up as advertised. Down this way, seems unlikely, but who knows maybe it evolves. GEM or Euro got anything other than rain? Last I saw it looked like a no.

Meh

I have been wondering about Friday also. 1030+ high directly north is likely going to be cold, not sure why that idea is being muted, daytime real tough now but nightime still easy.  After that it looks like a pretty cold5-7 day period.

as usual makes no sense.  highs in 40's, lows in 40's.  those temp profiles generally do not support snow, even with your magic barometer.

Archived