Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, the precip type parameter out of the 12z NAM shows rain for the 9z-12z period (waiting for cooling to occur in the column?) and then snow roughly 12-16z (with sfc temps in the 33 range).   It's actually showing rain for 17 and 18z.    It takes about an hour longer at IAD and BWI to go back to rain.

12z NAM is :lmao: at the end of its run

75 and 78 are snow soundings at DCA

Interesting to see the tracks.. thru us then east. Blockish. Of course the GFS ens doesn't actually really give a -NAO at this point but it sure looks like one at 500mb at times at least. 

It's odd to be saying this, but I'm actually more excited about the long range system than Friday.   It's all relative folks.

Does seem there's some higher end (for this time of year at least) potential out there. Hopefully it doesn't happen on Tuesday. :axe: 

It's odd to be saying this, but I'm actually more excited about the long range system than Friday.   It's all relative folks.

There is good reason, the setup for the 2 threats in the 7-14 day period is better, its a great pattern except for the time of year.  Each storm as this pattern matures is probably more likely to dig and amplify but the problem is each storm is fighting the sun more and more every day. 

Friday has never really shown any upside and temps kinda suck. Looks like things are setting up for a decent storm and potential block next week. It won't come easy for us but we've been on a 2 year run of good luck. 

d10-15 range looks to amplify with a -epo/+pna. Atlantic reverts back to the same ole same ole but there is potential still. I'm not in tracking mode until something presents itself in med-short leads but it's hard to ignore that something could happen. 

Archived