• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

Looks much more impressive on that forecast graphic than reality. Woo snow showers! Where you are I guess there is a decent chance of a coating. Looks weak and trending weaker as it moves east.

I know.  The weenie in me just liked the way it looked.  I will take my 1/4" tomorrow and like it.

StormTotalSnowRange.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is that it? Quit reading and just close the book?? Having a hard time with that, but I guess I'm ready...I guess.

yes. 

Yoda will forever be the last guy at a party asking the DJ to spin one more song

spin? dude, you aren't 20 you cant talk like that. 

So is that it? Quit reading and just close the book?? Having a hard time with that, but I guess I'm ready...I guess.

It's an interesting look down the line but it's April. A real snow storm in April is extremely rare for lots of good reasons. It's only worth tracking in the short range. Fantasy storms outside of 3-4 days are pretty meaningless now.

I'm looking forward to maybe hitting 70 on thurs before it gets annoying again this weekend.

It's an interesting look down the line but it's April. A real snow storm in April is extremely rare for lots of good reasons. It's only worth tracking in the short range. Fantasy storms outside of 3-4 days are pretty meaningless now.

I'm looking forward to maybe hitting 70 on thurs before it gets annoying again this weekend.

I won't close the book quite yet, but the last few pages are near I know. Thursday will feel pretty good though I'm sure. Hope we can at least score a good thundershower that deathbands MoCo/HoCo....and we can track it on webcams from W MD to our doorstep. LOL.

I won't close the book quite yet, but the last few pages are near I know. Thursday will feel pretty good though I'm sure. Hope we can at least score a good thundershower that deathbands MoCo/HoCo....and we can track it on webcams from W MD to our doorstep. LOL.

CPC is still tossing out late march/early april 1990 and superstorm analogs. The pattern supports a possible larger storm than we've seen in a while but rain would be more likely. I'm rooting for a storm of any kind. Just something more interesting than a barrage of fronts.

It was a fun winter tracking storms with you guys. I've enjoyed the community on here. You guys are great. Unfortunately I think the show is over. Pattern might appear favorable but the NAO and AO do not and things will likely be progressive.

Yup, it's been a good one!  Actually, the last two winters have been a lot of fun.  Appreciated your and others' knowledgeable input throughout the season, and look forward to more next year.  Time to wrap it up for now, though it may be interesting to even track non-snow storms if they're pretty significant/dynamic otherwise.  I'm mostly a winter person in this forum, but do stop by now and then the rest of the year. :snowing:

Let's hope for a summer that's very similar to last year's!  I'd take that any time around here during JJA!! :)

I'm still shoveling out of that 30"  GEM snow from yesterday dude.  Not again!

Thank god for sun angle or getting to work today would have been a nightmare. Can't believe they didn't close. 

Archived