• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wed Feb 18th Convective Snow Shower Chances

burgertime

glad to see so many folks are seeing some flakes today! we have been having light snow or flurries all day (and still coming down).  sadly no real accumulation - but this is two events since monday so i am not complaining :)  now if only we could go 3-3 friday :snowing:

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

radar is reloading around mt airy in the last 5-10 minutes and is going to pound east winston and GSO!  brign it!

EDIT - if you watch the loop it literally parts the seas around wilkesdud and regroups coming into yadkinville.  he really must have pissed off the yeti last week or something.

Looking at radar I'm kind of worried that we might get in that hole as well.  Looks like that band is going to straddle the NC/VA Border... hope it can expand a little south.  

Looking at radar I'm kind of worried that we might get in that hole as well.  Looks like that band is going to straddle the NC/VA Border... hope it can expand a little south.  

I was thinking the same thing.  We'll see.  I wonder how long it will take for the bands to reach here?  I probably won't be able to get outside until around 3:15.  The latest HRRR hammers us just after 3 PM.  I'll be in downtown Greensboro for this one, I guess.

Still getting a reading of 34 here (as well as several stations). I do see a few that are reading high. The tv stations are really on board for this happening. They said it'll brin clouds with it and it'll cause temps to fall as it passes through.

39 now and still sunny. :( Packbacker is right. We're definitely getting into the low 40s. Crap.

I was thinking the same thing. We'll see. I wonder how long it will take for the bands to reach here? I probably won't be able to get outside until around 3:15. The latest HRRR hammers us just after 3 PM. I'll be in downtown Greensboro for this one, I guess.

Yeah we are getting flurries unless that band starts cranking in the next hour.

Dusting in the grass! It's over now but wow that was so fun it was pouring for about 10 minutes.

Nice. Looking at radar and satellite, you probably will get some more. 

Pretty convective looking clouds where i'm at..looks like summer time cumulus... pretty unusual in a post frontal situation as i normally don't even get much in the way of clouds here. So  I hope to see at least a few flurries.

39 now and still sunny. :( Packbacker is right. We're definitely getting into the low 40s. Crap.

Not to be nitpicky, but I'm getting 36 and 37. I think it won't go higher and like they said on TV and here, it'll drop temps some.

The hour says 37 at this pint anyway and doesn't go higher. We will see. Hoping to see some snow fly.

Archived