joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th-17th Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're both in North/Northwestern Arlington. Haven't seen dendrites all night for more then a few minutes. Right now it's a lull and I guess there is some graupel infused with the very light precipitation, but I can't say I can tell.

Haven't seen any graupel and I'm like 5 miles from you at most.

Though it's lightened up for now.

What are you guys seeing for the Newark DE area. I am a freshman and I am thinking about majoring in Meteorology. Started a course this semester but don't know much.. I was wondering what you guys/gals think

If you're in Newark, DE then you might want to head to the Philly forum... I think that one covers your region.

What are you guys seeing for the Newark DE area. I am a freshman and I am thinking about majoring in Meteorology. Started a course this semester but don't know much.. I was wondering what you guys/gals think

I am in Newark Delaware.

Been snowing lightly since about 8:30pm. A dusting so far. You at udel? Good luck.

Ughh. We had 10 minutes of graupel and now back to sparse pixie dust with intermittent graupel. Nothing looks very good on the radar for DC, but that could change quickly. I really hope we don't have that graupel crap and we have dendrites. 

We'll get better rates and dendrites.  Mostly pixie dust here now too (ETA:  some better flakes mixing in).

I noticed it in Burke earlier, as did gymengineer. Seemed really strange to me, but there it was.

I also hit a patch of it driving north on 95 from Richmond to Spotsy around 730pm, only lasted a few minutes but they were pinging on my windshield.  I chalked it up to upper level dynamics.

Archived