joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th-17th Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just measured 2.5 taking the dog out for a walk. Thinking will probably top out near 5. Not bad, my bar is beating the previous high storm which was about 3.5 and i pretty solidly think that will happen. Quite a bit of riming mixing in with the pixie dust flakes. Haven't really seen any appreciable dendrites. Also have yet to see the pivot. Wondering if this might just continue with W - E streamers and the CCB never really gets going. Only time will tell.

The snow is heavier and is steady. I have a bit over 4.5 inches. What a storm! I expected 4 inches. I've passed that and still we have more snow on the way? 

What can I say but  WOW!

It's a JOB brooming that snow off of my driveway and it is getting more and more difficult to try and keep up with it.

I'd rather sit back on my couch and stuff jelly donuts in my face lmao like a true New Englander lol. J/K lol

I might actually be forced to use my shovel.

MASSIVE BAND is forming over Maryland - I am very happy for you guys. You WILL get your snow as well. Everyone is gonna cash in. 

Just measured and got anywhere from 3 to 3.5.  But rates were definitely up.

I'm actually getting among my lowest measurements on cartops which are usually about best. Maybe residual heat from sun thru clouds or something initially. But curbs and trashcan/dumpster tops seem to be all in same neighborhood. My stoop was actually more like 4 but it must be taking some funneling from something or some such.

The radar continues to improve... nice to see it!

Small flakes continue but they are coming down at a very nice rate --- sucks that the flakes aren't larger but hoping they can become larger later still. Either way, slowly piling up in Navy Yard area...

As of 12:30am, up to 3.9 inches --- nearly the 4 inch mark (likely to reach that by 1am easily). Hoping for another inch or two.

The snow is heavier and is steady. I have a bit over 4.5 inches. What a storm! I expected 4 inches. I've passed that and still we have more snow on the way?

What can I say but WOW!

Get out and shovel soon. Don't let it pile up too much...unless it's a north facing yard or street of course. Then go ahead and leave until spring. Cheers Jeb!

Archived